New Girl, Here I go.......

Options
Hey All, I've been on here for two weeks counting calories and exercising when I can. I have tried variouse diets before but I must honestly say that this is the first time that I have commited to counting calories and making sure every calorie is counted for and being personally responsible for what I eat. I am still working on the exercise commitment, I cant seem to find the time but I am working on that. I also wonder what everyone else is doing for exercise and how it has worked for them?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I mix it up, but I do 30 min of cardio every day. I hate it, but I feel great after and I can feel the difference on the days I skip. I do weights or resistance training a few days a week as well
  • moorewazup
    moorewazup Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me a treadmill. I have a gym membership but it is difficult to get there during the week. I have lost 7 pounds just counting calories and walking (briskly) about 60 minutes a day. I have only been going at it 2.5 weeks. Just remember calories in calories out. The more calories you burn the more you can take in. Good luck and welcome to the best fitness site ever.
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    well im in the AF and my squad works out 5 days a week....trust me gettin up at 630 to get ready to go workout does not make me happy haha but i do cardio i run a mile up on the track and then i will hit the treadmill and put it on an incline of 4 and then the speed somewhere around 3.5-5 for about 15-20 mins thats my cardio in the morning. once im done with work ill go home and make some food (usually tuna and fruit/vegs) eat and then around 730 8 ill go out and ride my bike around it gives me a good leg workout ( i live around alot of hills haha) and ill do that for about 20-30 and usually come home and do some pushups and situps. thats what i do and throughout the day im eating fruit (nothin canned...creeps me out a bit haha) and drinking a TON of water , i have this huge bottle that probably holds a little less than a gallon of water in it. thats about all i do! haha i know it sucks to do workouts after work or in the morning but once i get home i dont sit down or lay down i start to get undressed and put on my workout clothes, drink some water and get out the door. i found out that when i come home and sit down or lay down i just dont want to get up and do anything cus im tired but you have to force yourself to do it and if you want to lose weight bad enough you keep it up cus the payoff is great! i started noticing that dumpin out all the greasy food and actually working out made my body feel better, i had alot more energy and i also noticed that once you go without greasy foods or fried foods and you have BK or mcdonalds one day you feel like crap because your body isnt use to having that anymore and kinda makes you feel like crap. you can do it its all about timing everything out and sticking with it but you can do it! i promise if you want it bad enough it will all work out! :)
  • awhar2091
    Options
    Zumba!! You burn like 700 calories in an hour!!
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help you. I get up everyday at 545 to get on the treamill for 30 min, then every night i get back on for 30 min. On average i burn up around 650 calories or more. It is hard getting up that early, but I am so happy i did when i am done. I am sure you know this but the key to this is counting your calories and finding time to excercise. Best of luck.:smile: