P90X question

AmberMcDowell
AmberMcDowell Posts: 47
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok I keep seeing it and seeing it...can someone explain to me what P90X is and how it works.. thanks!

Replies

• jlw02
    jlw02 Posts: 12 Member
    It's a workout DVD. Google it when you're on-line.
  • johnporcaro
    johnporcaro Posts: 76 Member
    90-day program from www.Beachbody.com. 60-90 minutes each day. Each day alternates with resistance exercises (with bands or weights) and cardio or Yoga/stretching. After 3 weeks, there's one week of "recovery" with cardio/stretching/Yoga only, no weight training. It's based on the idea of "muscle confusion."

I love the program, just coming up on day 75 or so.
  • I'm doing P90X also. Really gets your whole body in great shape. Love it! Definitely recommend it.
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Its an intense 90 day workout system that combines aspects like weight and jump training, ab and core workouts, yoga, ect. You do an hour to an hour and a half ish a day following a certain schedule. The schedule is set up to utilize "muscle confusion" to avoid a plateau in weight loss. You do 3 sets (months) each with 3 weeks of intense workouts and a recovery week. I think it is a lot of fun and you do see results fast if you work at it and follow the meal plan as best possible. I started it several months ago, and even though I could only keep up with it for about a month, I could see the difference, and the post-workout burn feels awesome. Basically, you just need a tv in an area in which you have space to do it, and some weights. Theres pull up routines in it as well, but as a beginner, doing weights for that portion is ok too. I think its about $120, but it includes a lot of workouts and is so worth it. Hope that info helps you out! Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
    ~Cassie
  • JessicaFB
    JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
    It's really a fantastic program. When I did a round of it last fall, it completely changed the shape of my body. I have never felt stronger!
  • racin65
    racin65 Posts: 21
    P90X is an awesome 90 fitness program designed to cause muscle confusion which helps to increase your results. It is made by Beach body. I am a coach for beach body and I am also into the 10th week of P90X and I love the results I am already getting with this product. You can purchase it from beachbody and my website is http://www.beachbodycoach.com/yesterdayschild.
    I would be glad to talk to you more about P90X if you are interested, and also help you through the 90 day workout if you start the program.:blushing:
    Amy
    628666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
This discussion has been closed.