What are you Barriers to success??

Options
Okay, question of the day: What are your barriers to success (in relation to health/fitness), and how do you plan to overcome them? We all have barriers, and we all have moments when taking a day off would be easier. It is very easy to make excuses to make ourselves feel better for eating an unhealthy meal or skipping a workout. The difference between someone you is successful on their fitness journey and someone who is not is simple: the successful individual knows that eating an unhealthy meal and skipping a workout will be easier in the short term, but make their life more difficult and stressful in the long term. So...

How do YOU plan on being successful (or how are you already successful)???

Replies

• lvisel
    lvisel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your question is 'How to do you plan to be successful?,' and the answer is really already there for me - planning.

My biggest obstacle has been my schedule. Every summer I vow to be healthier in the fall, but as a teacher/band director I spend several nights a week away from home. Most times, it's easier to eat at a concession stand than any other option. This year, I brought my own food everywhere we went. I made sure I exercised on days when I didn't have any extra duties. I was often underslept, and would help myself to multiple flavored lattes in the past. This year, I made coffee at home and kept it black.

Fall is the hardest season for me to make good choices, and I finally did it. I hope I will continue to make good decisions, and I hope this information helps you on your journey.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I agree that planning is a key factor. I also think I am successful now because I have a better mindset. I KNOW that I will fit in my exercise 6 times a week and I will eat healthy foods...so I'm not always making the decision every day (giving myself the opportunity for a poor decision). If something comes up, instead of considering bad foods or skipping my workout, my mind is figuring out how I'll do the right thing regardless of circumstances.