Hey Guys

Options
I am a mom, in school to be an CMA and looking to get married in 2014 to my awsome man. I am currently 185 pounds (YIKIES) before I had my son I was a size 3, very active and did not believe anyone when they say do not eat for two.

I have found it very hard to get this weight off.

Here are my goals:

January: 172
Feb: 165
March: 155
April:145
May: 135
June: 125

I realize that many people think they can lose ALL THE WEIGHT IN 30 DAYS been there tried that and I gained it all back. I work out at the local Y five days a week. Three days on my own and then Two days I do Zumba. I am starting thiss all this week (11/26/2012), I think in the last year I have started dieting over twenty times and just fail to commit myself. But being in a great relationship and seeing that scrubs do not look good on big people and are not forgiving its time to really build up my confidence and do this.

I do not drink soda anymore and have cut out eating out completly. I usually have a bagel for breakfast with a cup of orange juice or an protein shake, then for lunch I have a bowl of soup, and for supper my family usualy cooks and I measure out small portions. To drink I only drink water and green tea (diet) during the day. I am really trying to make this a lifestyle change and hope to get a positive motivational support group on here as well.

KEEP ON LOSING!!!

Replies

• msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • tg2girls
    Options
    Hi Macy

I'm just starting my journey too with 90 lbs to lose. Add me to your friends list if you'd like:smooched:
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the determination, which imo is all you need! Times may get rough but when they do, don't give up. Good Luck!
  • boonognog
    boonognog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to join a gym and sign up for a personal trainer. My wife and I did that and have been going together when we can, but I work 40 miles from home, so there are many days when we don't work out together. She's lost 85 lbs and I've lost almost 50.

But more importantly, we are healthier and stronger than we've ever been in our whole lives. I'm 44 and I feel better than I did when I was in college. So I am a strong advocate for working with a professional.

Just my 2c...
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    im planning ,a wedding for 2014 too, im also a mom of two, you can do it!!!:bigsmile:
  • katelion22
    katelion22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Macey! Good luck!
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    good luck! beast mode
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :smile:
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got your plan. Stay focused and you can do it. Best of luck to you!
  • macey20
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I do go to the gym, I think someone mentioned that and I do work out classes, the trainers are way to expensive right now but they still give pointers when they see someone struggling. Good luck to everyone.
  • ECW202
    ECW202 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Macey! Welcome and good luck!
  • GammaKJ
    GammaKJ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you! I'm just restarting this Healthy living idea, and excersie. I am a nurse and can tell you Scrubs don't look good on bigger people... knowing this because I was one of those bigger people. And the fact that scrubs do hide a little, when you get home to change and put on "regular" clothes.... you feel even worse that your jeans don't fit anymore. Congratuations on the upcoming wedding, and again good luck. Add as a friend if you would like.
  • bronnibee
    Options
    Welcome and good luck