P90X question

Options
Ok I keep seeing it and seeing it...can someone explain to me what P90X is and how it works.. thanks!

Replies

• jlw02
    jlw02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's a workout DVD. Google it when you're on-line.
  • johnporcaro
    johnporcaro Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    90-day program from www.Beachbody.com. 60-90 minutes each day. Each day alternates with resistance exercises (with bands or weights) and cardio or Yoga/stretching. After 3 weeks, there's one week of "recovery" with cardio/stretching/Yoga only, no weight training. It's based on the idea of "muscle confusion."

I love the program, just coming up on day 75 or so.
  • dalton6559
    Options
    I'm doing P90X also. Really gets your whole body in great shape. Love it! Definitely recommend it.
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Its an intense 90 day workout system that combines aspects like weight and jump training, ab and core workouts, yoga, ect. You do an hour to an hour and a half ish a day following a certain schedule. The schedule is set up to utilize "muscle confusion" to avoid a plateau in weight loss. You do 3 sets (months) each with 3 weeks of intense workouts and a recovery week. I think it is a lot of fun and you do see results fast if you work at it and follow the meal plan as best possible. I started it several months ago, and even though I could only keep up with it for about a month, I could see the difference, and the post-workout burn feels awesome. Basically, you just need a tv in an area in which you have space to do it, and some weights. Theres pull up routines in it as well, but as a beginner, doing weights for that portion is ok too. I think its about $120, but it includes a lot of workouts and is so worth it. Hope that info helps you out! Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
    ~Cassie
  • JessicaFB
    JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's really a fantastic program. When I did a round of it last fall, it completely changed the shape of my body. I have never felt stronger!
  • racin65
    racin65 Posts: 21
    Options
    P90X is an awesome 90 fitness program designed to cause muscle confusion which helps to increase your results. It is made by Beach body. I am a coach for beach body and I am also into the 10th week of P90X and I love the results I am already getting with this product. You can purchase it from beachbody and my website is http://www.beachbodycoach.com/yesterdayschild.
    I would be glad to talk to you more about P90X if you are interested, and also help you through the 90 day workout if you start the program.:blushing:
    Amy
    628666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods