so close... :-(

Options
i'm not normally one to gripe, but man i was bummed this am. Mind you my weight of 200.4 is the least ive weighed in over 9 years, but man when i first stepped on the scale it said 199.5 before i got it balanced...so i proceeded to spend the next 10 min hopping on and off the scale, leaning a little this way and that, trying to get it to STAY under 200. GRRRR. I guess i shouldn't have had that cup of coffee before i weighed myself. And i bet tomorrow i will be back up to like 202 203...Maybe i should just fast for a day lol

Anyone else ever try to cheat the scale through a balancing act?

Replies

• AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    every morning. lol
    hang in there. I bet you would have stayed under without that coffee!! It's amazing how much food/beverages weigh once you consume them! I weigh at least 2 lbs more every night after I eat dinner! :o/ lol
  • AmbieSweetz
    AmbieSweetz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You WILL get there!! Stay motivated! :)
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I do...I get on an off at least 3-5 times. :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    So close. :-)

And no, I don't really do that. "Weight" is so much more than just how much fat you have. Just keep going, you'll be there before you know it.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I hold my breath. As if it will make me more buoyant or something! :laugh:
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Ha. I got a digital just for this reason. Can't cheat it any more and so glad!!!! Hitting ONEderland is the best feeling ever!!! You will get there. Stay focused. You are so close. Just remember that!!!

If weighing your self stresses you that much maybe you should try everyday. I have to weigh every day to see how my food intake changes my food.

Feel free to add me anyone. Im at 193.6. Starting weight was 228!!!
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    every morning. lol
    hang in there. I bet you would have stayed under without that coffee!! It's amazing how much food/beverages weigh once you consume them! I weigh at least 2 lbs more every night after I eat dinner! :o/ lol

oh i fully comprehend the actual physical weight of food lol...If i realize i havn't weighed myself but i've already eaten breakfast i won't weigh myself that morning...but i still don't get how eating a quarter pounder adds two pounds!
  • longtimeterp
    Options

and don't forget sucking in...if the stomach isn't out as far it must weight less right?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm very very close, like the weight of a glass of water close to my goal and it is hard to not starve myself just for one day so it makes it there. I know I shouldn't worry about the scales... but I want goal NOWWWWW!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale...but when I get on it I also hold my breath and tend to put more weight on my left foot...like that's gonna help!?!?!? lol
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Used to try to cheat the scale -- kind of like leaning left when bowling, hoping to keep that ball out of the gutter. Because it had an effect on the scale -- which it should not -- I bought a new scale. No fooling this one.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    I use to find with my old scale that if I hopped on slowly I weighed less than if I got on quickly.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    tomorrow morning pee and weigh right away!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options

and don't forget sucking in...if the stomach isn't out as far it must weight less right?

Oh, most definitely!! That takes off at least a few ounces...right??
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Haha. Hey these are really good tips! I never thought of doing all this. I'm going to try it, mwahhhh.
  • orangelobster
    Options

Anyone else ever try to cheat the scale through a balancing act?

held my breath, crossed fingers
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Nearly through the doors into ONEderland, well done, it will happen :smile: - but tomorrow go to the bathroom first, then before you eat or drink anything, weigh yourself.

(I have heard shaving your legs, brushing your hair, cutting your toenails, might help) :laugh:
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I know how excited I was when my first number changed to 1!! You are so close and you have come SOOOOOOO far! My advice to you is this: do not weigh everyday!! I kinda stalled after about 56 pounds and it was depressing. My scales at home messed up and I decided not to buy new ones. Instead, I stop by my docter's office about every week or week and a half. That way, if I only lose one pound in that time, I can say at least it's a loss. With the fluctuation, you are going to go up and down. If you wait, you are less likely to go up! You are doing great!
  • mockchoc
    Options
    tomorrow morning pee and weigh right away!

I always do that so it's not going to help. Maybe I'll cut my nails and my hair and I'll get there
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    198.6! Finally! Now for some bacon and creamed chip beef...sadly i'm not kidding!