First 5k next weekend

Options
lpeavy
lpeavy Posts: 15 Member
Hey yall! I am running my first official 5k next Saturday. What are some tips of things that I should be doing this week? I'm going to eat very natural this week, drink my water, and get a run in on Monday and Wednesday. Anyone got any tips/advice on nutrition or my exercise plan for the week?

Replies

• FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You are going to do great! My advice would be not to realy change up your routine. Eat what you normally eat pre race and run how you'd normally run during the week, and wear what you're used to running in. I would advise being well rested and making sure you get to the race with enough time to pick up your packet, figure out where the race starts, and go to the bathroom :happy: Have a great race, and hopefully many to come!
  • odalin5
    odalin5 Posts: 1
    Options
    I ran my first 5 K four months ago. Since then I have run another 3. I think you should have a good clean diet. Try to run a few times but make sure to take it easy the day before. Good luck and have fun!
  • lscotch
    lscotch Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would suggest, no crazy stretching that you have never done the race, drink lots of water this week, not to water much before the race, and take two days off running the days before, maybe replace a run with a walk! Good Luck. Don't change too much with your routine!
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Sunscreen and Chapstick/lip balm the day of the race!

Safety pins to attach your number - usually they're provided but just in case!

Sunglasses/hat....
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    relax and just enjoy the fact that you're actually doing it! It's gonna feel great! Make sure you spend the rest of the day after your race just stretching. We went grocery shopping after my first 5k, and I was doing stretches, big lunges, etc, while pushing the grocery cart. I think it really helped as some of my friends were complaining about being sore the next day, and I wasn't at all.