I should really start running again.

Options
Hi everyone! I recently went to the doctor and discovered that I've gained twenty pounds since I've gotten married a year ago. Time to get back into shape!

I used to really love to run, and have been having trouble getting back into it lately. Any tips?

Replies

• mum2fiveonly
    Options
    Hmm no tips but I too use to run and its been three years since I stopped! Would love to get back into it again also. Had a baby 5 weeks ago and have started back at the gym this week as Im determined to lose the excess weight...
  • thecrasslass
    thecrasslass Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby!

I know! Running is especially hard since it takes a while to build up the tolerance for it. You can't just jump back in. I used to run for 20 minutes every other day and I would do 100 push ups. It seems like a different person now that I look back. Maybe I should start running for 10 minutes around the block and just do as many push ups as I can everyday until I can work myself back up to 100. :P
  • sbozik123456789
    sbozik123456789 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love to run, i do 4-6 miles everyday it is the best way to shed those pounds. Take it slow at first, like you said build up your indurance, you will be back at it in no time
  • mum2fiveonly
    Options
    Thanks! And yeah Id definitley recommend starting off small, a run around the block might sound easy enough but when you havent done it in ages, its not as easy as it sounds when you start, lol! Just start with small then as you build up your fitness and stamina you can increase...I should so be taking my own advice LOL but think I'll stick with the treadmil at the gym to start with haha