Problem saying no to cravings/ junk food.

Options
Hello,
I have recently conquered my cravings and would like to help anyone that is still struggling with it. I know that what worked for me may not help everyone but it does not hurt to try to help. :) Ask me any questions you wish.

Replies

• rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Can you share tips that have helped you?
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How do you not eat half the jar of peanut butter? Because sometimes. I eat half the jar.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    how do you say no/shut up those cravings when you're bored and all you can think of is food? this is my problem at work ... A LOT.
  • Smurfette1987
    Smurfette1987 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    How do you not eat half the jar of peanut butter? Because sometimes. I eat half the jar.

I would like to second this question...

Because sometimes. I take a spoon. And go at it.

So glad I'm not alone.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I also love peanut butter. There is one sure way not to eat the whole jar, don't buy it in the first place.
  • btracy01
    Options
    When I'm craving peanut butter, I just get a spoon full of it, put it away and just eat it slowly. Makes it last longer ^_^
  • annalise125
    Options
    So, I've been at my diet for two weeks and have lost 7 lbs so far. YEA ME! But, yesterday I decided to try to keep within the sugar grams recommended by myfitnesspal. Today, I feel totally drained of energy and I want cookies or cake or chocolate or whatever I can get my hands on. So far, so good but I could sure use some thoughts on how to deal with this. Dang it is hard!
  • Jenjennio
    Jenjennio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do paleo, so I cannot have treats (except one cheat day a week). When I crave sweets, I have raw almond butter with an apple or raw honey with an apple. You are allowed 2 tbs of almond butter, I usually have more because it's yummy....
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I don't say no to cravings or junk food. In the past, I would eat everything in sight trying to avoid that food I really crave. So, now, I give in, but w/ control of quantity/calories. So far, so good. :bigsmile:
  • buffykaz
    buffykaz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Firstly I drink a big glass of water to see if this will curb my appetite.
    Then I try to do someting to distract me like going for a walk, reading a book, housework, anything to keep my mind off food.
    I also paint my nails with nail polish. I can't snack on food with wet nails :wink:

If all else fails and I am still hungry, then I eat a small slice of ham and a piece cheese to fill the void. I normally crave salty foods over sweets, so this it my alternate to scoffing a bag of chips.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    what works for me usually.... if i eat 5-6 meals a day.. work out hard, drink a lot of water and coffee ...make sure im eating more than enough fiber and i do take various supplements .. for me if i skip out on anything i mentioned i eat chips ,ice cream ,cake ect like crazy
  • Smurfette1987
    Smurfette1987 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I also love peanut butter. There is one sure way not to eat the whole jar, don't buy it in the first place.

hmm dunno, In my house that may well cause a very big man tantrum! I don't like to never buy any foods, because I won't be able to avoid them forever, then when I am eventually exposed to them (makes it sound like some sort of virus) I'm more likely to say " ah well, had one peice of Birthday cake etc, might as well turn into an omnomnomnivore food gremlin and eat THE WORLD!"
    I just keep working on that willpower thing... When you have to say no to yourself 90,0000 times a day, saying it to those irritating people trying to sell you stuff in the street is really easy... much easier than peanut butter though. Yep peanut butter, chocolate spread and my boyfriend, them's my willpower downfalls.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

I would like to second this question...

Because sometimes. I take a spoon. And go at it.

So glad I'm not alone.

The perfect reply from2essie - "Don't buy it in the first place" - unless you want to eat it

(Whoops, typo)