Favorite snacks to keep in your desk drawer

Options
My days in the office can be very unpredicable, and sometimes I only have time for a quick snack (or 2 or 3) to tide me over until I get home for a real meal. What are your go-to office snacks? Either fresh options you pack from home or non-perishables you keep in your desk drawer.

Thanks for all the helpful ideas!

Replies

• TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I always bring a can of soup to work just in case I need something quick. I can easily heat it in the microwave and eat it at my desk. It also fits in my purse, which is great.

Throughout the day, I keep gum and tea handy to avoid snacking on all the sweets in the breakroom. I've been thinking about buying my own fruit bowl to sit on my desk and fill with Apples or something else I can leave out in the open and near my desk.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Pretzels, beef jerkey and snickers are what I use
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Desk Drawer: Nuts, organic popcorn, apples or oranges, flavored green tea.
    Office 'fridge: Baby carrots and/or red bell pepper strips, greek yogurt, V8 juice
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Emerald's 100 calorie pack cinnamon roast almonds. My coworker took a picture of my desk drawer once, it's just boxes of 100 calorie pack almonds! I also eat plain greek yogurt, it's only 100 calories, and has 18 grams of protein so it really fills you up. And last but not least...carrots!!! I love love love carrots. I eat too many of them, the palms of my hands turn orange sometimes!
  • newmanmb463
    newmanmb463 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Skinny pop, clementines, nature valley nut bars, jack links beef sticks
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Some of the snacks I've kept at my bench are roasted soy nuts or almonds, green tea mints for when I get a sweet attack, herbal teas, an apple or a baggie of air-popped popcorn.
    I find that when I start eating something, I like to finish the entire piece so tiny sized snacks(soy nuts or popcorn) work great for me. Snacking on a popcorn kernel or two doesn't mean I'll finish the entire baggie.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    In my desk i usually keep some combination of dried apricots, nuts, fig bars or other "health" bars, 100 cal popcorn, and a bag of granola. I also bring cottage cheese to keep in the fridge and my office supplies fresh fruit most days.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    single serve microwave popcorn, beef jerky, sugar-free hard candy, sugar-free gum and water which i usually add MIO lemonade to.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Bananas, apples, peanuts, cashews
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! I went grocery shopping after work and picked up almonds, baby carrots, apples, string cheese, and pretzels (among others).

Happy snacking!
  • arae8274
    arae8274 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to keep applesauce, cliff bars, oolong tea and the Trader Joe's various nut/fruit single pack in my desk.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I have every flavor of blue diamond almonds in my drawer at work...
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Love any kind of nuts, and I also love roasted chik peas! They satisfy my cravings for crunch, at only a little over a hundred calories for a whole cup! Plus they have plenty of nutrients, and protein! I also love baked kale chips! As for the perishables, I love greek yogurt, fresh fruit, honey, flaxseed, and low fat granola!
  • mellie_mellie
    mellie_mellie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love individually packed snacks like little boxes of almonds, sultanas etc. Perfect portion control.. you can keep them in your hand bag too x x
  • Sondrasr
    Options
    Love any kind of nuts, and I also love roasted chik peas! They satisfy my cravings for crunch, at only a little over a hundred calories for a whole cup! Plus they have plenty of nutrients, and protein! I also love baked kale chips! As for the perishables, I love greek yogurt, fresh fruit, honey, flaxseed, and low fat granola!

Could you share our roasted chick peas recipe? They sound delish. Thanks
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    luna bars, fiber one brownies, nuts, soup, pretzels. Cool snack I made at home to take is frozen berry blend with berry blue Jello poured on top. makes 4 100 calorie servings and is a great morning snack before lunch. Also make breakfast muffins on Sunday night to heat up at work. put meat and potatoes in muffin cups, pour egg/milk mixture over, and bake. Yums.
  • dcdemocrat34
    Options
    skinny cow treats for that sugar fix, or sugar free candy.
    Greek yogurt, ALWAYS!
    almonds, and lots of soup.
    Also, I do apples, and almond peanut butter.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Love the bulk bins at my grocery store and the nutrition info is on each bin. They have various trail mixes, dried fruit mixes, mixed nuts, sesame sticks, etc. I like to keep a container of something at my desk with a measuring cup and since the containers are small I can change it up each week. Also keep dried dates, granola bears, and fresh fruit.