need some guys to keep me motivated

Options
Hi, my name is Bryan and I am trying to lose a bit of weight and get my body in shape. I am still kind of new to the site and could use some people to come along side me for some motivation. It would be appreciated. Right now I am pretty pumped and keeping up with calories and working out. I just know that once the new wears off, I'll want to go back to junk food and get lazy. Thanks.

Replies

• TheBigDog923
    Options
    Hey Bryan... my name is Bryan. Us correct spelling Bryan's need to stick together. Feel free to add me.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, there are many great amazing men in this community be able to help you! Hope you find many supports and encouragement! Cheers!
  • HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Welcome and its good to hear that you pumped and motivated!!!!!! Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • FloridaPops
    Options
    Hi Bryan,

They call me Pops. Do your "best" everyday. One thing I've learned in this life is to no longer buy into New Years Resolution, and instead of talking the talk? Walk the walk. Take it one day at a time, and YES....you WILL fall! But what's most important......? You get back up, and keep going. It's called "Life". One day at at time my friend, and yes.....this thing called My Fitness Pal.....WILL TELL ON YOU!!!! Do your research, stick with your calories, and remember.....it won't happen over night. It takes time.

Best of luck!
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll be there for support and encouragement.
  • Bryan1017
    Options
    thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement and responses. My wife has been a real motivator and usually does well at keeping me accountable. Also, I am struggling with eating all my cals in a day. I have tried almonds, then added fruit with that, I am doing meal replacement smoothies... does anyone have any other suggestions on increasing calories with good food? :happy:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Add me! I can seed you out to my gang!
  • targetcc
    Options
    Bryan, feel free to add me...
  • cwettstain
    cwettstain Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Once you're doing this awhile the hunger will kick back in and you won't have a problem filling calories anymore. I'm a big fan of white meat chicken, whole grains, all the vegetables you can afford, and apples and oatmeal. Also, take care not to drink any calories, as these won't fill you up but they still count against you. Good luck dude.
  • Coloradocyclist
    Coloradocyclist Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like to.
  • ChrisRoss_01
    Options
    Bryan, feel free to add me. The more motivation and accountability the better.
  • damiengarber
    Options
    You can add me. I find with motivation that it's A LOT easier!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm not a guy though but I workout like a man, totally hardcore in the weight room. Also I'm trying to eat like a man too (aka high protein), lol.

Anyway I believe that you can do it. Motivation does help a lot too.
  • DeadsandOats
    DeadsandOats Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Feel free to add me. Currently doing a push/pull/legs routine. I like the old fashioned approach...lift heavy and consistently, eat real foods, and avoid fads.
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Bryan.

I still have days that I don't get close to my calorie goal, but I try to at least get within a couple hundred. I also don't fret if I go a hundred or two over, it tends to balance out. When I need a calorie "boost", I tend to go for a peanut/almond butter sandwich with some of my homemade jelly (9 cal/Tbl on the jelly and it's awesome). Or a little homemade oatmeal with a touch of maple syrup. Those mini babybel rounds are pretty good too and super easy to track.

Good luck!
  • teodorobrian
    Options
    Hey my name is brian too and new! Looking for friends to help motivate me too!