Paleo Breakfast Options

Options
Hello
I am following a Paleo diet and am struggling with breakfast. I am doing Paleo but am also allergic to eggs, so eggs are not an option. Any advice on Paleo friendly egg free breakfasts for something trying to loose weight (low sugar)

Thanks!
Danielle

Replies

• carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I love a can of tuna or salmon, avocado chunks and some cooked frozen veggies, salt and pepper and you're set!
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in knowing this too. I'm not paleo but trying to do lower carb and eggs make me sick. I mean, apples have sugar, but an apple with all natural peanut butter (is that paleo?) or some nuts, as well as some sort of meat could do it.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Why not eat a non-traditional meal-like what you would typically eat for lunch or dinner or snacks? It doesn't have to be cereal or eggs and bacon. Not much help probably, but if you are already doing paleo, then it's a starting place.

Barb
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    why limit yourself to breakfast for breakfast?!

there is a paleo/primal group on here you will find more help... otherwise i love

www.paleomg.com
    civilizedcavemancooking.com
    health-bent.com

lots of ideas
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I guess I am not limiting myself to just breakfast foods. but, it grosses me out to think of eating fish and vegies for breakfast, you know? This morning I had steak...which was nice :D
    My Dr says to just have leftovers but I am not a leftover kind of gal. Sounds like I need to start sacrificing my taste buds for my health...again..
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs almost every day, but here are Some ideas:

Apple with almond butter
    If you eat dairy, then Greek yogurt with berries
    Pumpkin "n'oatmeal": http://girlmeetspaleo.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/pumpkin-noatmeal-paleo-oatmeal
    turkey breast lunch meat wrapped around avocado, sear quickly
    Shrimp and guacamole
    Prosciutto-wrapped pear or can't elope
    Whatever your favorite veggie is
    Smoked salmon with cucumber and capers
    Tomato, avocado, olive oil, salt, pepper
    Protein smoothie
    Sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon, Chinese 5 spice, or pumpkin pie spice