Crockpot ideas/pre made freezer meals

Options
Does anyone have some crockpot or predone meal ideas/recipes they would like to share. I am a busy mom of two with a full time work schedule, hockey schedule for my oldest. I am going to make time for ME to workout 4 times per day and was crossing my fingers for a little menu help!

Replies

• cmeader7
    cmeader7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have attended Freezer Meal Workshops from Wildtree where you do some prep work ahead of time and then go to a party and put together 10 meals to put in your freezer. It is a great time saver and gives you 10 new recipes to try. I believe there is a crockpot workshop as well! Where are you located?
  • busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have some crockpot or predone meal ideas/recipes they would like to share. I am a busy mom of two with a full time work schedule, hockey schedule for my oldest. I am going to make time for ME to workout 4 times per day and was crossing my fingers for a little menu help!

Workout 4x per day?! No, no... You will get overtired, drained, overtrained... Hopefully that was a typo :)

Anyways, I LOVE my crockpot and using it! You can throw in some frozen chicken breasts and a bunch of veggies, toss a can of tomato sauce in there, leave it for 8+hours and it makes a good dinner! You can also throw in a pork roast, a can of root beer and some BBQ sauce, and this will make pulled pork, so just pick up a dozen buns and you have dinner and lunch for the week. There's tons of things you can do... Take a peak at the links below:

http://crockpot365.blogspot.ca/2009/01/2008-flashback-entire-year-in-order.html
    http://skinnycrockpot.proboards.com/
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Workouts - 4 a week right?

Try skinnytaste.com or allrecipes.com

I make a pot of soup on Sundays and that's my pre-workout dinner three times a week and often I'll make enchilada filling, a curry or something else that can be portioned out through the week too.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    For breakfast ideas, I use theyummylife.com. She has the overnight oatmeal and oatmeal smoothies. I also got a McMuffin copy cat from her that I make and freeze. It comes in handy when I wake up late for work adn need to grab something on the go.

I find making a bunch of meatballs in advance is a nice way to stock up the freezer.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of premade foods and crock pot cooking. When ever I cook, if it is freezable, I double the recipe and freeze it in individual portions to have later.

Right now, in my freezer i have:

Chili
    Chicken Noodle Soup
    Chicken Wild Rice Soup
    Broccoli Soup
    Vegetable Soup
    Lasagna Soup
    Turkey Meatloaf
    Turkey Mini Tacos
    Chicken Encheladas (Skinny version)
    Mini Lasagnas

As you can tell, I eat a lot of soup for lunches. On Sunday night, I just pull out what I will need for the week and put it in the fridge. If I am planning to make any stir fry's or things that don't freeze that well, I premake what I can on Sunday night and thaw out any meats that I will need for these meals in the fridge. Then dinner only takes a few minutes to prepare.

As far as crock pot meals? I like them all! I have a ton of crock pot recipies that I would be happy to email to you. Just send me a message with your email address and I will get them out to you.

Good Luck.

I found for me that preplanning all of my meals for the week, really keeps me on track.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    http://www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com/

also google 30 day gourment. I bought their workbood and it is so worth the money!
  • jennyandrichard
    Options
    I am located in Soldotna Alaska
  • Joannie1q2w3e
    Joannie1q2w3e Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jenny, I have wonderful crock pot recipes-been cooking for about 38 years, the length of my marriage so far! I am also a R.N., and work as a nurse manager, full time, so like you, my time is pressed w/ trying to find the ME time, to exercise and eat appropriately.
    I will email you some recipes to freeze when I am able, by the weekend. It's Monday night right now, 11/26/12, so it'll be a few more days. I do a lean hamburger, fresh veggies, chicken broth/tomato puree w/ small new potatoe recipe in the slow cooker & lots others. I will keep in touch!
  • caribear1984
    Options
    Check out mamaandbabylove.com they have an e-cookbook that is awesome. Each recipe makes two crockpot dinners; you put the ingredients in a freezer bag, freeze until ready to use, then you just dump one bag in the crockpot and in a few hours you have dinner. Yummy and super easy.
  • jennyandrichard
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your ideas and support!!! Sorry was a little crazy last night at the house we had been out of town at hockey over the past five days and we were getting our feet back under us!!! I was able to do the treadmill for 30 minutes prior to bed :) I will definatly check all of these great websites out tonight after hockey practice !!!
  • jennyandrichard
    Options
    thank you for the recommendations I have decided 3 times per week :) will definatly work in my schedule alot better!
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    **BUMP**
  • notmac
    notmac Posts: 89
    Options
    Do a search for Crock Pot, in the community post, there are many you can find. Also check out pinterest, there are a bunch of great ideas there, some for immediate use, others to freeze then cook. Good luck.
  • jennyandrichard
    Options
    made the easiers meal this weekend!

I bag of frozen chicken breast and one can of a salsa of your choice in the crockbot for 8 hours on low, I then shredded the chicken and placed it in carb options flour tortillas with some enchilada sauce.

everyone in my family loved it from my 6 year old to my husband and it was super easy and quick!!