Low Carb Breakfast Ideas

Options
Hey everyone -

I'm looking for some yummy low carb/low calorie breakfast ideas. I usually eat low sugar oatmeal but think I need to change things around in my diet.
If anyone has any recipes or ideas I'd love to hear them.
Thanks!

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    kroger has a yogurt called carbmaster, high in protein and low carbs .. how about that with some wheat toast?
  • cheermom614
    Options
    Thanks jenken99! I actually have to go grocery shopping today so I'll pick some up! :smile:
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    One of my faves--Sara Lee Delightful Bagels 130 Calories, 100% Whole Wheat with 2 wedges of Laughing Cow light French Onion cheese spread on them...200 calories TOTAL and 26 grams of carbs. Very good alternative to cream cheese!!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    here's what i do. i buy egg whites, turkey sausage, fat-free or low - fat cheese, onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers (use whatever vegetables you like). I cut everything up on Sunday night. Cook my sausage and stick it in the fridge. Every morning I pour a 1/2 a cup to a cup of egg whites in a bowl. Then I add some of the sausage, cheese, onions, mushrooms and bell peppers. I take mine to work and pop it in the microwave for a couple minutes to scramble the eggs. Add a little salsa if you'd like, and black pepper.

A delish scramble that's high in protein and will keep you full for a long time.
  • moporska
    moporska Posts: 3
    Options
    If you like eggs, i do 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled with some ChiChi's salsa on top along with 2 strips of turkey bacon and a glass of skim milk. Comes out to 195 calories, 13g carbs, 5g fat and 21g protein and its delicious.

if you dont like eggs im sure theres some kind of low carb bagel you can get and use laughing cow cheese spread. its a yummy substitute for cream cheese.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking a protein shake every morning to help supplement my breakfast so it is not so high carb. I make it w/ 8oz of skim milk too instead of water.
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Sometimes I make mini-quiches (without crust) using eggs, cheese, and turkey sausage. Cook the sausage, then mix it with the eggs and cheese. Pour in a muffin pan and you have 12 of them. They even freeze well if you need them in a hurry. I don't really measure, but will start so I can log my calories in here (I'm new to MFP). They're low carb and full of protein. Of course you can also add veggies to them if you like. =)