Has anyone tried Diet Suppliments(Thermogentics)

Options
2»

Replies

• sbarnhill99
    sbarnhill99 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @Smarce Thanks for the advice I will read up on it and maybe if OxyPro doesn't work I will try that.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have a bottle of OxyElite Pro sitting right in front of me :p I rarely use it though. Keep in mind that thermogenics are used to supplement a proper diet & exercise routine - they're not magic pills. They help burn extra fat. I find that OEP suppressed my appetite and gives me energy, but like I said, I rarely use it because I feel I don't actually need it.
  • sbarnhill99
    sbarnhill99 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @strawberrie_m I have noticed that it is curbing my appetite today as well. I had a VERY small breakfast and I am still not hungry yet which by now I would defintly be looking at some type of menu to order from.
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Brown see weed! the brand is called fucothin. It is all natural with zero side effects. It is the only thermogenic that does not effect your central nervous system so no jitters or heart racing and you don't have to cycle off because it isn't bad for your kidneys or liver.
    Also it will help you keep from storing fat in your abdomen. The only down side is you have to be patient because you need to ramp up the dosage and have a load faze so you are looking at 3 - 6weeks before it has an effect on your metabolism. But i think it's worth the wait being that you aren't giving your body bad chemicals.

Hope that helps :-)

Ooops "sea weed" (i just woke up)
    Sorry, there isn't a clinical study to support brown seaweed as an effective thermogenic. If you have an actual study (not a proposed article, blog or opinion, but an actual peer review clinical study) please post it because I'd be interested in reading it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I'm not recommending Fucothin but believe there was a placebo-controlled double-blind 2007 clinical study of fucoxanthin with pomegranate seed oil "The effect of Xanthigen, a phytomedicine containing fucoxanthin and pomegranate seed oil, on body weight" which seems to supports the claim that fucoxanthin helps to reduce weight. The trials included 150 women who lost an average of 14 1/2 pounds in 16 weeks. This was 4 1/2 times more weight lost than women who took the placebo.

There's nothing like cardio, weight lifting & diet control for weight loss, and not suggesting that the cure can be found in a pill. But brown seaweed **may** turn out to be beneficial. Definitely makes me think that at least more studies & trials would be worth doing.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...I know it sounds silly but i believe if you search it with Dr Oz you will find the science behind it.
    LOLOL at "Dr Oz" and "science" in the same sentence. :laugh:
  • Katazoe
    Katazoe Posts: 3
    Options
    I used OxyElite Pro a few years ago and it did work for fat loss, but it gave me horrible mood swings. I was crying at least a few times a week and getting mad over stupid things. It is not like me to have mood swings or cry, and when I stopped taking the OxyElite Pro I went back to my usual happy self. I tried taking the pills again a year ago and the same thing happened. It was almost like it caused me to be depressed.
  • Ampierce
    Ampierce Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • ashleybr1980
    ashleybr1980 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I found them to be a waste of money. I do take Opti-Women and EFA supplements but I won't take thermogentics again.
  • Jenat12
    Options
    I started taking CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid) as a supplement and it was recommended to take it with thermogenics. I found every time I took the thermogenic then exercised my workouts were shorter because I felt like I was going to throw up and pass out. It was WAY too high in caffeine for me. Also after taking it for about a month I didn't see a huge difference in weight loss compared to the previous months of restricted calories and exercise. If I want to burn fat from taking in caffeine or have the energy to workout harder I just drink a cup of coffee before the gym!