I am! Houston, Tx, born and raised. :smile:
  • kornaco
    kornaco Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ditto. West TX originally. :smile:
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm from texas, the san antonio area, but displaced in Guam right now. I'm not complaining though. I just wish it were a little closer to home ; )
  • kornaco
    Options
    I'm from texas, the san antonio area, but displaced in Guam right now. I'm not complaining though. I just wish it were a little closer to home ; )

Wow, I bet you wish you were "a little closer" to anything being out there. I enjoyed the River Walk, but that was about 20 years ago, probably more.
  • smimo
    smimo Posts: 34
    Options
    i havent seen many people from the dallas area... :( but i love texas, born and raised as well. and ahhh i dont plan on goin anywhere either!
  • JennW130
    Options

Wow, I bet you wish you were "a little closer" to anything being out there. I enjoyed the River Walk, but that was about 20 years ago, probably more.
    We've got 2 years and 9 months left to go, we've only been here 3 months so far. But i have to say it is beautiful here. My husband is military so that's why we are here in Guam.
  • kornaco
    Options
    i havent seen many people from the dallas area... :( but i love texas, born and raised as well. and ahhh i dont plan on goin anywhere either!

I just asked from what part of Texas....duh, Dallas...I just clicked on your page. :tongue:
  • kornaco
    Options

We've got 2 years and 9 months left to go, we've only been here 3 months so far. But i have to say it is beautiful here. My husband is military so that's why we are here in Guam.

Is it starting to feel like home yet? Since you've been there for 3 months now. I'm sure it's gorgeous! Pics on your profile?
  • JennW130
    Options

Is it starting to feel like home yet? Since you've been there for 3 months now. I'm sure it's gorgeous! Pics on your profile?
    th
    the only picture i have from here on my MFP profile is my profile pic. and you can see the pretty crystal blue waters behind me in that. today I took my daughter to some tidal pools and you could see the reef fish swimming around. we were literally chasing a parrot fish around the tidal pools watching him. He was pretty awesome. He/she (i dont actually know what it was lol) was a bright green and pink and he was chasing the smaller fish, i assume to eat them, and it was just neat to watch. We are settled in now, but I wonder how long it will take until we start getting homesick. Our last duty station was Virginia, and I'm already liking Guam A LOT better than VA. Plus there's so much WW II history here too.
  • kornaco
    Options
    the only picture i have from here on my MFP profile is my profile pic. and you can see the pretty crystal blue waters behind me in that. today I took my daughter to some tidal pools and you could see the reef fish swimming around. we were literally chasing a parrot fish around the tidal pools watching him. He was pretty awesome. He/she (i dont actually know what it was lol) was a bright green and pink and he was chasing the smaller fish, i assume to eat them, and it was just neat to watch. We are settled in now, but I wonder how long it will take until we start getting homesick. Our last duty station was Virginia, and I'm already liking Guam A LOT better than VA. Plus there's so much WW II history here too.

That sounds really amazing. I'd love that too. I started a reef tank last year, but it's on the smaller end, no large parrotfish for me. The fish probably only wanted to say, hi... haha Glad it's a pleasant change from VA. I'm not well traveled, been a few places, but I've only lived in TX
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    born in El paso :).. family now lives in Dallas :).. Doesn't get any better then Texas >:)!
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Born in san antonio at lackland a.f.b currently in Florida
  • kornaco
    Options
    born in El paso :).. family now lives in Dallas :).. Doesn't get any better then Texas >:)!

El Paso! I'm originally from Midland, guess it's the pseudo west Texas compared to El Paso... :tongue:
  • kornaco
    Options
    Born in san antonio at lackland a.f.b currently in Florida

What part of FL?