Just Joined after a year long Weight Watchers membership

Options
Hi

My name is Mickey and I have just joined MFP after losing 4.5 stone with Weight Watchers. I found that it was not working for me any more and I still need to lose another 2.5 stone. I was 18 stone when I started and got down to 13.5 stone and then in September this year had 3 weeks holiday and found it difficult to get myself back to WW. I then found that I had put on about 7or 8 lbs so needed to do something else, so decide to cancel my WW membership which was costing me £22 per month just for weighing in and signed up to MFP (which I have found to be fab and really easy to use and gives me all the support that WW did) and after checking with my Doctor I have decided to use MFP combined with 2 days fasting each week. The fasting days mean sticking to 500 calories each day and then on the other 5 days I can eat pretty much what I like although I still track what I eat and try to stick to about 1600 calories. I am interested to know how others are getting on doing it on their own and what other things people are trying. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• DordogneFemme
    Options
    Hi Mickey. Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I'm just starting out, and am also doing the 5:2 way of living. How do you find your "fast" days? I find just eating one meal in the evening works best for me. All the best.
  • gigglepiggle
    gigglepiggle Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, well done on the weight loss so far, that's an amazing accomplishment :)

I used to be a serial weight watcher, on and off for years but even though I haven't lost a huge amount recently it's still creeping down steadily with MFP, I find the support from others on here is fantastic
  • jpenningtonuk
    Options
    Hi Mickey i too did ww for 12 months and lost 46lb but then came to a standstill, i'm looking to lose another 27lb. I'm trying to lose the weight by just keeping with in1360 calories a day, add me as a friend and we can do this together
  • mickeyhunt1
    mickeyhunt1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi DordogneFemme

Nice to hear from you. I tried to do a 500 fast yesterday, but it ended up being more like 800. I do struggle some days and others is works really well. I lost track a bit a few weeks ago and was missing the fasts but still recording my eating and managed to eat 4000 calories in one day, Yikes. Now I am back to being a bit more diciplined. Like you I aim for one largeish meal in the evening and just have coffee and bovril at work, although yesterday someone brought in chocolate eclairs - the mind is willing, but the flesh is week, so I gave in and had one. So that explains the problem with yesterday. I also try and keep my fast days together sometimes and then split them up at others.

I think long term this will be good to follow for the rest of my life.

:smile:
  • mickeyhunt1
    mickeyhunt1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi JP

It is amazing the number of people who lose a lot with WW and then hit the plateau and have to find alternatives. They don't have any kick start plans anymore. I think that they have got very expensive for what they are and I was a monthly full member and it was costing me £22 and all I was doing was recording my points and going to weigh in and not staying for meetings. Found MFP and it is perfect. Now need to find some will power.:smile:
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find a lot of us former WW members :) I lost like 20 lbs on WW and need to lose another 11 lbs or so. Add me as a friend if interested. I however will not fast - it would never work for me (I like my food too much!!) :smile: