Newbie!

Options
Hello everyone! Here's my little intro, and i warn you, it's not much! Decided to join MFP through an amazing friend of mine. I'm about to turn 25 here in a few weeks and within the past year I've gained 10lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'd like to get my weight and health under control before I keep overlooking it/ignoring it and before I know it be 30 years old and 30lbs over weight. So, with that said, I'm here to begin a healthier lifestyle and looking for that steady motivation from others who are in the same boat!

Replies

• nicolewood415
    nicolewood415 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've been on here for the exact same reason... Feel free to friend me!
  • thunderer74
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Mac_X
    Mac_X Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Try age 30 and 80 lbs overweight. That's where I am and I'm turning it around starting now. Feel free to add me and I will give you all the motivation I got!
  • jamiedavis24
    Options
    Done! Looking forward to talking with you!!
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, you'll get lots of support on this site!
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Feel free to add and share support with my current friends.
  • welly2012
    welly2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, Im the same. Started travelling last June and have put on a stone!! Time to get it in check...a friend recommended this so fingers crossed :)
  • solaeym1711
    Options
    Welcome, it;s def better to start now then later. I have gained a lot of weight since last year and am determined to get it off. having the motivation to keep going everyday is the hardest part, but we are here to help .:)
  • solaeym1711
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :)
  • djdaddyesq
    Options
    I wish I had taken control when I was at your point. You're in the right place for it now. You can add me too if you want. Welcome!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Yep, 10 lbs can sneak on you and your favorite pants no longer fit....then before you know it another 5 slips on, then another 5....it's good you recognize right away and are going to nip it!

Great first start by joining MFP and Welcome! I also joined because I gained a couple of pounds; nothing profound..just enough that my pants didn't fit. I'm back in my pants and they're loose, but I want to make sure I have a little "wiggle" room, so I'm going to try to lose a little "extra" if it doesn't look to bad on me. :wink:

Feel free to add me...
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me.
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Stay a while!
  • metter1067
    metter1067 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. I am just starting myself. I am 56 years old and need to lose 50 pounds. I have never been this heavy even during my pregnancy. I have been out of control and a sugar addict for quite a while and want to change my lifestyle. I am looking for support during my weight loss journey.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    So happy you decided to join this dear!! Love having you as my new workout buddy!!! <3