Heart Monitor/Calorie Burned Watches

Options
Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good watch that tracks calories burned during workouts. The more inexpensive, the better!

Thanks!

Replies

• esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i dont think you will get an inexpensive one haha seriously i looked up alot and read reviews on alot of them the best brand out there is Polar...i got the polar FT7 and i got that on amazon for all in all (i got fast delivery) $109.97 i really didnt want to spend that much but it had alot of good things for working out monitors your heart, tells you how many calories you lost, target heart rate, your able to log your workouts to see your progress too. it comes with the chest strap too (which is more accurate to tell you how many calories you really burned)
  • princessbee728
    Options
    I have the MioSelect Motiva, and I love it to pieces. It's a little on the clunky and huge size, so I don't wear it as a regular watch, but it's easy enough to check my heart rate with in the middle of a workout. http://www.miowatch.com/mio-motiva-heart-rate-watch is where you can find more details about it.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Polar F6. I love it! You can get deals online with free shipping and stuff. Just google it to see what comes up. You definitely need one with a chest strap to get the most accurate reading. Good luck!!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F11 - found it new on ebay, and I absolutely love it. It's changed the way I feel about exercise, and has really educated me on beneficial exercise vs. things I *thought* would get my heart rate up or burn calories..... I would definitely recommend getting one with a chest strap.

There are several HRM's made by Reebok and Timex on Amazon that are around $50 that have chest straps - really depends on your budget and what features you're wanting. Don't be afraid to save for a few months to get the exact one you want/like! I did that, and don't regret it.

Good luck, keep us posted on what you find and how you like it!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love my Timex Target Zone monitor. It only cost me about $80 at Academy.
  • chera325
    chera325 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm definitely gona do a little more research. Your posts helped :)