FitBit vs BodyMedia

Options
I have both. I stopped using the BM because it's so bulky and it left an indent on my arm (no, it wasn't too tight).

I just got the FitBit but I don't think its as accurate. I LOVE how tiny it is; I don't even notice I have it on. I wish BM would do something smaller.

Any feedback from anyone else?

Replies

• libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I used BM a couple of years ago. I agree with the bulk and indent. I also didn't like the subscription fee, not being able to see any info without the bulky watch-like thing, and at the time, the website was less than optimal. I ordered a Fitbit One and received it last Wednesday. I guess I was ready for a new toy because I am already obsessed with it. I am not sure how accurate it is but I have been working very hard everyday to get 10,000 steps and 10 floors :smile: I love how small it is and that at a press of a button I can see my numbers.

Libby
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    The size of the BMF doesn't bother me. I don't even know I'm wearing it. And it's so accurate that the $7/mo subscription charge is really worth it to me. I haven't tried the Fitbit, mainly because the reviews I saw were that it wasn't as accurate and was more like an expensive pedometer.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have both but am nearing retiring the Fitbit. BMF seems much more accurate but come summer and t-shirts it may be a drag. Like BMF better for my measuring, just seems more accurate.
  • GadgetGuy72
    GadgetGuy72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok so a coworker of mine gave me a fitbit a few months ago. It was really cool and a great motivational tool because you can see your progress with the touch of a button. But eventually the novelty wore off and I began to wear it less and less. Not to mention wearing it to track your sleep is a nightmare in itself. You have to tell it your going to sleep and wear a huge band around your wrist and hope it doesn't fall out of it. Then you have to take it out of sleep mode when you wake up. Eventually I got a BMF and its amazing, it just sits there working away all day and night. But the part that sold me was how accurate it is. I do a lot of driving for work and the fitbit would show thousands of steps and numerous floors just driving to work. Now you can go in and tell it what you were doing during those hours or you can set it in sleeping mode but the BMF doesn't even flinch. It reads the exact same number of steps when I get out of the car as it did when I got in. I just realized I'm rambling..... Lets just say I'm sold on the BMF. Ps- the BMF is also a the only FDA approved medical device of its type available for retail sale. Good luck to you.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies! I ended up putting my FB back in the box last night and sent an e-mail to the company to return it. I feel like it's just a glorified pedometer and I want much more than that plus the accuracy.

When I bought my BM last year, I got a full year's subscription free! I got a great deal through Costco. So, when I hooked it up, I actually got a month free of subscription! Woo hoo!!!!

As much as I'm not looking forward to the indent on my arm (took me almost 7 months to get rid of it!), I am looking forward to seeing the accurate results!

And this Saturday, I have a 90 min kickboxing workout! I'm looking forward to seeing what my burn is!

Thanks for the input everyone!