No NSV's so far then 2 come along (:

Options
Hey!

I have the biggest smile on my face!

I got up this morning to look through my wardrobe to pick something to wear this Saturday at my first Christmas party. Instead of being left upset that i looked fat in everything I wear, I have the dilemma of not knowing which one to go for as I feel pretty good in 3!! Dresses that I wore years ago that I wouldn't even dream of wearing as they are all quite figure hugging!

My 2nd one, which is probably the best NSV i could have, I RAN. I ran around my field for 2 miles (25mins) and when I felt like I was going to be sick, I walked until the sick feeling passed, then ran again. A voice in my head was saying, "Clare, you look crazy, you can't do this", then my fav song of all time, you shook me all night long by AC/DC came on my ipod and I smiled, ran a bit quicker and showed that stupid voice in my head!

Mind you, the field was full of sheep crap and it is in no way level which only added to my workout! So after going for walks the last month with the end goal of running but doubting myself, I finally did it and I know a part of that was down to feeling better in my party dresses!

I've lost 15lbs so far with 10lbs to I call target. Not an amazing weight loss compared to thousands of you incredible people on here but it's my journey and I now know that I can do this and I can say I am damn proud of myself!!

Sorry for the essay but had to express this 'high' i'm on right now !!:love:

Replies

• XoXoLJFitness
    Options
    That is great news! I guess I could google it but I don't know what NSV is?
  • mc322011
    mc322011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    NSV= NON SCALE VICTORY
  • ClareOH
    Options
    non scale victory,
    i always used the scale to measure my success but now i realise the importance of scale isn't everything! these victories have made me realise my body shape is changing and im alot fitter than i was months ago!
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Great day!
  • Crystal82186
    Crystal82186 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :D Those are two GREAT NSV's, not that any of them aren't great! lol

P.S. You Shook Me All Night Long is one of my favorites to run to too! =]
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! :D
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    NSV's far surpass the victories on the scale, in my opinion! Way to go!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    woot woot! those are awesome NSVs! I think NSVs are my favorite! Great job and keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!