5 Min. 400 Calorie Meals

Options
Egg & Cheese Breakfast Bowl

This breakfast bowl combines egg whites, cheese, potatoes, and turkey sausage into a hearty and protein-packed morning meal.

1. Microwave a Jimmy Dean D-Lights Breakfast Bowl (230)
2. Pair with one slice whole wheat toast (70)
3. Wash it down with 6 oz orange juice (80)

Total calories: 380

Peanut Butter Soy Smoothie

Take a break from same-old cereal and milk. A sweet smoothie infused with creamy peanut butter packs in fiber, protein, and a serving of fruit.

1. To make the smoothie, blend 1 cup vanilla soy milk (100), 1 Tbsp peanut butter (90), 1/2 banana (50), 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 6 ice cubes
2. Pair it with a toasted whole wheat English muffin (130) with 2 tsp all-fruit jam (20)

Total calories: 390

Blueberry Nut Oatmeal

We combine two of the healthiest foods — brain-boosting blueberries and heart-healthy oatmeal — to make your morning start right.

1. Cook 1/2 cup dry Quick 1-Minute Quaker Oats (150)
2. Top with 1 cup frozen organic blueberries (80), 2 Tbsp cashews (100), and 1 Tbsp honey (60)

Superfast Chef Salad

Creamy ranch dressing and shredded cheese make this healthy salad taste rich and satisfying.

1. To make the salad, mix 2 cups salad greens (20) with 2 oz water-packed drained canned tuna (80) or salmon (60) and 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas (70). Top with 2 Tbsp reduced-fat shredded cheese (50) and 2 Tbsp fat-free ranch dressing (40)
2. Pair it with a small dinner roll (78)
3. After the meal, enjoy a Hunt's Fat-Free Snack Pack Chocolate Pudding (90)

Total calories: 408 – 428

Barbecue Chicken Pita

Make use of leftover chicken in this tasty sandwich that sneaks in whole grains and veggies.

1. Stir together 1 Tbsp barbecue sauce (50) and 1/2 cup chopped precooked chicken (120); microwave for 30 seconds or until hot
2. Cut a whole wheat pita (170) in half and stuff each with chicken mixture
3. Top with 1 cup chopped lettuce (10), 2 Tbsp diced cucumber (5), and 1 Tbsp fat-free ranch dressing (10)
4. Pair with 10 baby carrots (40)

Total calories: 405

Vegetarian Chili

Chili is an easy, low-cost way to add fiber and protein to your lunch. Get your serving of greens by pairing with a crunchy, refreshing salad.

1. Heat 1 cup Hormel Vegetarian Chili with Beans (190)
2. Pair with a large salad made with 2 cups lettuce (20), 1 tomato (20), salad dressing spray (10). Add two 1/2-oz slices Alpine Lace Swiss Cheese (90), cut into thin strips
3. Eat with one 6" corn tortilla (60)

Confetti Pesto Pasta

Pasta cravings? No problem! Lighten your typical Italian feast by sticking to a 1 cup serving of pasta and loading it with lots of veggies and lean protein.

1. Combine 1 pint cherry tomatoes (50), 1 1/2 cups cooked green beans (66), 1 1/2 cups diced chicken breast (346), 1/4 cup pesto sauce (230), and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
2. Add 4 cups cooked linguine (800)
3. Garnish with 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan (83)

Total calories: 395 per serving; serves 4

Tofu and Veggie Stirfry

Make your own, healthier version of Chinese takeout even faster than the delivery guy can show up at the door!

1. Sauté in a wok or skillet 1 1/2 cups Cascadian Farm Chinese-Style Stirfry Blend (40)
2. Add 1/2 cup extra-firm tofu (100)
3. Stir into the stirfry 1 Tbsp peanut butter (90) and 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce (5)
4. Pair with 2/3 cup Minute Brown Rice (150)

Total calories: 385

Vanilla Macademia Parfait

For an afternoon snack that will keep you full 'til dinner, try a sweet, nutty yogurt parfait.

1. Spoon into a bowl 1 container Stonyfield Farm Fat-Free Vanilla Yogurt (130)
2. Top with 1 cup Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs cereal (70)
3. Add 2 Tbsp macademia nuts (120) and 1 Tbsp maple syrup (50)

Total calories: 370

Sinless S'mores

For an after-dinner dessert, enjoy two chocolaty s'mores — without major calorie overdose!

1. Place 2 marshmallows (45) and 2 chocolate kisses (50) on a graham cracker square (30) and top with another graham cracker square (30); repeat to make the second one (155)
2. Heat in the microwave until soft and chocolate melts
3. Enjoy with 1 cup fat-free milk (100)

Total calories: 410

Replies

• krissybohaczyk
    krissybohaczyk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    They all sound yummy!
  • jpark38
    jpark38 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great Ideas! Thanks for sharing.
  • Violen
    Violen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Totally Awesome!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Yummy and quick how great.
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, thank you for sharing those!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Shuutnstar
    Shuutnstar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • Tonilu
    Tonilu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    FA-BU!!!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    sounds great! will have to try some of these soon1
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    lovin' the sinless s'mores! thanks!
  • dino_morgan
    dino_morgan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Where did you find all of these?
    They all sound really delicious!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love them all except for the smores. 410 calories is so not "sinless". I could eat a king size Snickers for that amount of calories. Plus, if i ate a 400 cl dinner, lunch, and breakfast would put me to over 1600 cals not including any drinks, or snacks thruout the day. Just wanted to point that out. But i will prob try the salmon salad asap. that sounds divine!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wish I had some calories left, I really want to try that sinless smores........theres always tomorrow :love:
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Where did you find all of these?
    They all sound really delicious!

I signed up to get email newsletters from prevention.com. I usually try to post whatever meal ideas/recipes they send me cuz I do think its helpful to everyone.
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipes!:heart::heart:
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump... thanks!