Losing too fast?? 1.5lbs per day

Options
Hey everyone, I know this sounds rediculous, but I just started on Monday, logging religiously, meeting my 1200 Calorie intake every day, drinking my water etc, and low and behold I am losing, good right??
Well per mfp, I am only supposed to lose 1.5 lbs a week and the last 2 days I have lost 1.5 per DAY. The serial dieter in me is screaming joy, but my cautionary sense is telling me that if it is coming off too fast, maybe my calorie load needs to be higher so that my body doesnt think its starving. I just dont want to have big weight loss up front and then stall because I am not getting enough calories in.

Just need advice.

Thanks guys.

Replies

• GoatBoat66
    Options
    It's water.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Pretty normal stuff for just starting out, especially if you have a lot to lose. It will slow down.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Taking into consideration that you've only been at it for a few days, I wouldn't worry about it. It's quite common that people will see large losses during their first few weeks as their body's adjust to a new lifestyle. I'm thinking water weight. Just keep an eye on it and see where you are after a month.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Probably water. Should even out by the end of the week. You would need a deficit of over 5000 calories per day to lose 1.5 lbs per day. Unless you're backpacking or doing heavy labor, then I doubt that's what's going on.
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't know what your starting weight was, but it's most likely water. You lose faster in the beginning, and if you weigh more. I lost nearly 1 lb per day in the very beginning, too, but then it slowed to 1-2 lbs per week (some weeks nothing). So it all averages out.
  • Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys, I appreciate your thoughts, water sounds like the answer, and you know, I didnt even think of that, but you are probably right. Because like one of you eluded a 5000 calorie deficit would be needed to take off 1.5 lbs of fat, and I am certain that is not the case..... I am have a desk job.

So I think I will just keep doing what I am doing and it will all level out in a couple weeks. Thanks