An awesome no fat, high protein, high fiber snack

Options
Okay, you all may think I'm crazy at first, but this new discovery of mine is awesome. My mom and I both eat it once to twice a day.

I take a half cup of fat free cottage cheese, and put 1/3 of a cup of All Bran Bran Buds on top of it, and swirl it together. (I've also mixed with with pineapple, or strawberry flavored apple sauce... you can mix it with any type of fruit really as you would cottage cheese by itself.)

The Bran Buds have 1 gram of fat, 2 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber (51% of your daily fiber!), while the fat free cottage cheese has 0 grams of fat and 15 grams of protein.

So all together, you're getting 1g of fat, 17g of protein, and 13g of fiber.

i eat this every morning for breakfast, before I work out. It's perfect. It's pretty light so I don't feel bogged down, and whenever I eat it, I don't get hungry. And plus, with all that fiber, you'll feel GREAT later! ;)

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good!

I eat 1% cottage cheese though... It's 2 grams of fat and the exact same amount of calories. It tastes better to me. So, my fat grams would be 3g if I made your yummy snack!

I love cottage cheese! I add it to tuna in place of mayo when making tuna salad! tastes great!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Sounds great...thanks for the share...I always look at ways to mix up cottage cheese
  • PaleoIsPossible
    Options
    I never though about adding it to tuna! I eat tuna salad all the time (it's an quick and easy way to get some protein without cooking... since I live in a dorm), and I know the mayo (even though it's light) kind of makes it almost not even worth it. I'm definitely going to give that a try!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Try Fiber 1 orginal cereal instead. It has less sugar
  • weezy8150
    weezy8150 Posts: 21
    Options
    My daughter's nutritionist told her during her pregnancy that the only cereal that would not spike her blood sugar was fiber one, she had been eating total before that....so now we both eat the fiber one, and I snack on it often in the car, as it is very filling, crunchy, and nutritious....mixing it with cottage cheese and fruit sounds awesome...thanks for the tip !
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I've been eating cottage cheese with mandarin oranges for breakfast. I'm gonna try your idea tomorrow morning.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I never though about adding it to tuna! I eat tuna salad all the time (it's an quick and easy way to get some protein without cooking... since I live in a dorm), and I know the mayo (even though it's light) kind of makes it almost not even worth it. I'm definitely going to give that a try!!

add in a pinch of dill too with salt, pepper, onion powder, balsamic vinegar and a little mustard!
  • bellybutt
    bellybutt Posts: 19
    Options
    That sounds really good!

I eat 1% cottage cheese though... It's 2 grams of fat and the exact same amount of calories. It tastes better to me. So, my fat grams would be 3g if I made your yummy snack!

I love cottage cheese! I add it to tuna in place of mayo when making tuna salad! tastes great!
    that sounds so yummy. i never thought of adding tuna :)
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options

add in a pinch of dill too with salt, pepper, onion powder, balsamic vinegar and a little mustard!

So, if I had a can of tuna....how much cottage cheese would i put in? I'm kind of a numbers person....... :ohwell:

I LOVE cottage cheese AND tuna.....i've never thought about mixing them together!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    sounds pretty good :)