Water Weight?

Options
I have lost 2.2 pounds in three days. I have been eating less than my 1200 calories but am not extremely active. Is this just water weight or my metabolism kicking in?

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'd say water. But why are you eating less than 1200 calories?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why are you eatign less than 1200 cals?

and weighing every day will drive you crazy when your weight fluctuates!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Water weight. Your metabolism will not be "kicking in" at less than 1200. More likely it will be "kicking it".
  • Luvr2502
    Options
    I have been eating more than 1200, but the little bit of exercise that I do puts me under 1200 a little. Thanks for the info guys.
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    There's at least a 50% chance that you'll weigh yourself tomorrow (or in a couple days) and will have put some (or all) of that weight back on. You can't get too hung up on the daily fluctuations! It's normal for your weight to jump around by a few pounds all the time
  • Luvr2502
    Options
    The only reason I asked is because after each of my other children, I dropped weight fast postportum. I was eating a ton of junk and fast food before and started dieting Sunday. I drink at least two 44 oz cups of water/day and am eating a lot of veggies so I wan't sure if some of all of it could be fat loss.
  • Luvr2502
    Options
    How much water weight can you lose at a time?
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    How much water weight can you lose at a time?

I "lost" 3.6 lbs between Monday and Tuesday as a result of water retention because of high-sodium intake over the holidays. I've had fluctuations of close to 5 pounds with high-sodium intake coupled with TOM.

Personally, I weigh myself daily, but I know what my general fluctuations are like and I don't get hung up on a pound or two variation. If you're going to get in your head over a couple of pounds, then you might want to weight only once a week.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'd say water. But why are you eating less than 1200 calories?

Agreed!! :smile:
  • Luvr2502
    Options
    I shouldn't have said I eat less than 1200. I eat more than 1200 but it comes out to slightly less after I loggin my exercise activity, at the end of the day. I am not freaking out or anything just curious about water loss vs. fat loss. I hear people say all the time. Oh, you probably just lost water weight soo....
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yes. Ive lost 4 lbs in the past 2 days because my sodium was very high from thanksgiving weekend.