Wii

nmonkey
nmonkey Posts: 66
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
I noticed that I cannot add playing Wii to my exercise log.

Is playing Wii considered exercise? It sure feels like it to me!

Replies

• nmonkey

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I found this link discussing Wii weight loss by using the Wii.

It is too long for me to cut and paste it all here. Let me know what you think.

http://wiinintendo.net/2007/01/15/wii-sports-experiment-results/

Any movement is better than no movement. I'd be curious what a HRM would click at during each workout.
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member

are you talking about wii fit?
  • nmonkey
    We do not have wii fit yet but the tennis and boxing wears me out!!! Do you have wii fit? If so, do you like it?
  • mommy2js
    I do have the Wii Fit. I LOVE IT! I have lost 2.4 lbs and .39 BMI since I got it 8 days ago. You have to understand, I haven't lost 1 lb in MONTHS - so this is GREAT! I'm not saying that all of my loss has come from the Wii Fit, I work my BUTT OFF, I do Wii Fit for about 35 min. per day and do another 45min. - 1 hr in other exercise, and eat a net calories of 1200, but maybe the Wii Fit was just what I needed to put me over the top.
  • mommy2js
    When I do the boxing on the Wii Fit, I put in "boxing, punching bag" for exercise.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    You might want to invest in a hear rate monitor, if possible. I did the boxing the other day for about 40 mins and burned close to 300 calories!!! I am very close to making it to the pro level. I was drenched in sweat!!! I don't have the Wii Fit yet. :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I agree with alf, you should get a HRM so you can know exactly how many cals you're burning.
    I do a 1-1 1/2 hours on it every other day and I feel very sore the next day so that's telling me that it is working all kinds of muscles.

BTW, I did close to 1,000 hoola hoop spins today in 1 game... WOO HOO!!!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • nmonkey

What game is that? Sounds fun!!
  • Healthier_Me

It's in the Aerobics section. Fun Fun Fun!!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member

It's in the Aerobics section. Fun Fun Fun!!

Oh my. You guys are making me totally jealous. I walked past them in Target today, but just couldn't bring myself to spend the moola. Sounds like so much fun!
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    i have a wii, but not wii fit...hhmm maybe ill try it- i just wasnt sure if it was really considered 'working out' persay, or just fun for little kids, maybe ill invest
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    What types of workouts does the program offer? Is it worth investing in? I already work out but would like to have something fun to mix in there when I am having a "blah" day. Would just a regular Wii be better and then get active programs?

Do you buy a Wii console seperate from Wii Fit?
  • mommy2js

have you gotten to the level that you can go for 10 min. yet? I did yesterday and got 3800 spins!!!!!
  • Healthier_Me

have you gotten to the level that you can go for 10 min. yet? I did yesterday and got 3800 spins!!!!!
    Yowza! Not yet!
    I'm up to the 6 minute one.
    It really works your abs... sheesh!

My Wii # is:
    5963 8789 9214 2203
  • mommy2js

Yowza! Not yet!

My Wii # is:
    5963 8789 9214 2203

No kidding about the abs! Best ab workout I've ever done. What is a "Wii #"?
  • Healthier_Me
    What types of workouts does the program offer? Is it worth investing in? I already work out but would like to have something fun to mix in there when I am having a "blah" day. Would just a regular Wii be better and then get active programs?

Just to name a few:
    boxing
    yoga
    running (jogging in place)
    strength training (leg extensions, pushups with side planks, regular planks, torso twists, jackknife, lunges, squats so much more. And as you get better, you open new exercises and longer time periods)
    hula hoop (awesome ab exercise)
    step aerobics (basic & advanced)
    balancing games

This is a fun way to get a great workout.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me

Yowza! Not yet!

My Wii # is:
    5963 8789 9214 2203

No kidding about the abs! Best ab workout I've ever done. What is a "Wii #"?
    You can add people to your list so you can play with them I guess?
    You can use their Wii # or email address.
    Go to your Wii message board (little envelope on the bottom right corner), click on create message, click on address book and there it is.
  • cheri822
    cheri822 Posts: 62 Member

You buy the Wii Console which at Target or similar locations is $249 and then you buy the wii fit, i think its close too $100 depending on your area.

I'm really considering buying one.
  • MOM_OF_3
    MOM_OF_3 Posts: 3
    I BOUGHT A WII FIT ON EBAY AFTER HEARING AWESOME THINGS ABOUT IT. I HAVE NOT RECIEVED IT YET BUT I CAN'T WAIT!!!! IS THERE ANYWHERE TO GO TO SEE WHAT THE REALISTIC CALORIE BURN IS? I HAVE NEVER HAD A HRM. DOES IT ACCURATELY COUNT CALORIE BURN?
This discussion has been closed.