Hi :)

Options
I have been on this site, and the IPhone app, for a little over two weeks now. I'm a little shy so I have been reading the message boards but have finally decided to introduce myself! Lol. I'm a stay at home mother to a little boy who is almost two months now. I'm engaged to my son's father. I just don't want to get married until I can stand to look at myself in a picture! It may sound silly but I have been overweight for the majority of my life. It started at 9 years old. I did go through high school at a normal weight but it starting skyrocketing from 145lbs at 17 to a very uncomfortable 270lbs after the birth of my son on 01/24/10. When I started this site I was at 252lbs. I've already lost like 7 pounds. Yay :) Reading all of y'alls post have really help me understand things so thank you! Hope to be messaging on these boards more!

Replies

• Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    welcome:flowerforyou:
  • tkain
    tkain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on your 7lb weight loss! Best of luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • modubb
    modubb Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome!!! And congratulations on your weight loss! Remember that it's not ALL about the weight (though we certainly like seeing the numbers on the scale get smaller:wink: )- but more importantly it's about how you FEEL... The perks of adapting a healthy lifestyle are countless: more energy, better sleep, healthier digestive system... What are your specific goals? I know for me, setting small attainable goals is incredibly motivating. Things like: I WILL be able to do 10 push-ups by the end of next week, I WILL be able to jog for 5 minutes straight by next Wednesday, etc...

Just thought I would share a bit from my experience... You will succeed! Remember to focus on what you want, always!:flowerforyou:
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    modubb, of course seeing the numbers shrink is an awesome feeling, but it is more than that to me. I went through the yo-yos in the past just focusing on the number shrinking so eventually it would raise again. I am trying to make lifestyle changes. I already feel better. I have cut out the soda, surprisingly. My goal besides feeling better about the way I look is improving my health. My fiancée has type 2 diabetes, and so does my grandmother. I do not want to go through that. All the pricking and the pills. I also want to keep up with my little boy when starts walking. Before I was pregnant I just felt terrible all the time and I constantly had doctors on me. I have high blood pressure and they would make remarks about my cholesterol also. I don't want to cut my life short. My one goal is becoming a runner. I get winded so quickly. I get embarrassed. I plan on starting that Couch to 5k program. I got the podcast for it. I'm hoping to be able to run a 5k after I complete the program.

tkain thank you!

sebastiansmom, your little boy is cute!