New to MFP and need some support

Options
A friend told me about MFP and I realized that I would be stupid not to use such an easy tool. I am 6' 5" and 320 lbs. I want to lose about 115 lbs before I am done. I am not setting a deadline because I figure that I would doom myself to fail. I am just looking to lose a pound or two a week until I get there. I am married and have two small little girls that deserve a better husband and father and I deserve better of myself. I am just looking for some friends that post often and can keep me motivated to do better. I am competitive. So, if I see others doing well. It pushes me to match it or do better. Thank you to any one who can help me.

Replies

• 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • ladedahh
    ladedahh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I definitely understand the desire to be better for your family.
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Options
    Good for you man, do this for you. Great that you haven't set a deadline, the best way to diet is to take it slow so that you keep your results and enjoy life. I just joined MFP myself, I had been tracking macros in excel up until I came across this website, the food database is insane, they have everything!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    love your profile pic, ladedahh!! too cute!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My best advice. LOG EVERYTHING. The good, the bad, the ugly. And consider making your food diary public to friends as a little built in layer of accountability.

That's the end of my advice. Everyone on here is losing weight by different methods. Some only eat "clean". Some denounce carbs. Others, meat. Some are eating junk food but at a calorie deficit (I don't reccomend this one), and some, like me, are changing their lifestyle and thinking about what benefit calories have before putting them in their mouth (Check out my blog for how I'm doing it).

The bottom line is this. Check out what your "friends" are doing, and then set up a plan that works for you. You WILL be successful.
  • mslynn1007
    Options
    Add me if you like!
  • dorkyhippy
    Options
    Welcome! Your reasons and outlook are awesome. Best of luck to you!
  • Axiell
    Axiell Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looks like we're pretty much on the same track - feel free to add me. I've been a regular here up til now and plan to continue.
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I agree that you need to log everything - even on days that you blow it.
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    FR sent, we were separated at birth :laugh:
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    good for you. its tough I think we all know. but just look at it as 1 day at a time. 1 week at a time. add me if you like.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    A friend told me about MFP and I realized that I would be stupid not to use such an easy tool. I am 6' 5" and 320 lbs. I want to lose about 115 lbs before I am done. I am not setting a deadline because I figure that I would doom myself to fail. I am just looking to lose a pound or two a week until I get there. I am married and have two small little girls that deserve a better husband and father and I deserve better of myself. I am just looking for some friends that post often and can keep me motivated to do better. I am competitive. So, if I see others doing well. It pushes me to match it or do better. Thank you to any one who can help me.

I'm a terrible influence...my food diary has a section entitled "TREATS". Fail.