Yoga Balls & Work

nturner612
nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
Does anyone on here sit on a yoga ball instead of on a chair at work? I have a full time desk job which i love most of the time, and while i do deal with the public,, i wanted to ask my boss if i could sit on a yoga ball. doubt it but worth a shot. :) do u sit on a yoga ball? if so, what kind of job do u have?

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    I couldn't do it...I would be falling over all the time..
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    I've thought about it, but I need something with a back and arms to keep me propped up during my naps.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    There's no way I could sit on a ball for 8 hours
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    What about two balls?
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    I sit on a swiss ball at work. Not all 8 hours but switch between my chair and the ball. I work in IT as a software developer so I don't see many people except my coworkers.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    lol, id be falling off all the time or just simply missing it when i sat down.
  • fcp1234
    What about two balls?

Two, on the other hand, is way more fun
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Receptionist at my Dr. office sits on one.
  • mrsrobinson76
    mrsrobinson76 Posts: 1 Member
    I have an office co-worker that sits on a ball instead of chair at her desk and she loves it. I see her sitting in many different positions like on her knees, cross legged and normal seated position and she swears it is much more comfortable than a chair. It's always worth a try!
  • Hmmm, I am thinking about doing this too!!! Waiting for more responses....
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    I don't but I know some offices that do let their girls sit on yoga balls. As a customer I wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out. So I say; WHY NOT? It's good for your back AND your posture AND your core.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    I used to switch out a ball with my chair. It works your core and stabilizers like crazy. Once you get used to it it's great. Forces good posture. Also adds a little fun to the cubicle life. I'm a UI Developer so sitting in a chair 8-10 hours a day sucks.
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    I've thought about it, but I need something with a back and arms to keep me propped up during my naps.

my thoughts exactly!
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    What about two balls?

i'd be pretty sore after 8 hours tho
  • fcp1234
    What about two balls?

i'd be pretty sore after 8 hours tho

Yea Im more a 20 min max kinda girl
  • I used to sit on one in the office, then shifted to working at home and had to get rid of it- not that it wasn't comfy, but my kids would steal it and bounce all over the house when I wasn't sitting on it!

I work in software development, so anything that helps if you sit at a computer all day is worth a try. Back in the day - lots of developers had those kneeling-type chairs (no backs, just a seat and a knee rest). I also see a lot of folks use stand-up desks to avoid the chair. Whatever works - most companies really support proper ergonomics and will often purchase a seating option specifically for you if you ask.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member

ftw.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    I'm a UI Developer so sitting in a chair 8-10 hours a day sucks.

My brain added a "T" into your title when I read that... lol :)