28 mama of one looking for friends!

Options
Hi everyone :) I've been up and down with my weight for years and now I'm back up to my full term pregnancy weight...and I'm not pregnant :( I'm making lifestyle changes and looking for support on here! Does anyone happen to know how much an Insanity workout burns? I'm starting Insanity Monday...this week I've just been doing quick workouts throughout the day (say 40 jumping jacks, 30 crunches, 10 pushups, 20 squats) to get back into the groove a bit.

Replies

• MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have no kids, and I was fat as hell LOL.

I can't answer any of your questions...but welcome.
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m also 28 mama of one! And another on the way … I used to do Insanity and LOVED it (I'll start again after baby #2 makes his/her appearance!)! For me, I’d burn (depending on how hard I was working out that day) between 350-500 ish calories. Maybe more, but I can’t remember. A big, BIG help for me too was adding kickboxing and weight training! I lost all 27lbs I gained with my first and then some … of course now I’m on my way back up, but I’m hoping that losing the baby weight after this next one will be a little easier with what I learned the first time around!

Feel free to add me and good luck!!
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options
    Welcome! I am older but try to eat wholesome foods and run 5 days a week. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Crystalave
    Crystalave Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am 28 and a mom of one hyper 2 year old. :) I am the heaviest I've ever been and I am slowly but surely getting to where I used to be. I've been seeing a trainer for about 3 weeks now because I couldnt find anyone who could hold me accountable for what I was doing (eating and exercising). Its been going well so far. If you would like to add me as a friend we can help each other. I haven't done insanity. I'm sure I would fall over dead! But good luck and I hope it works for you.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Insanity workouts have gotten a lot of positive feedback. That said, be sure to think long term and choose exercise that you'll enjoy and want to keep doing.

Please feel free to add me.

Good Luck!
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message. I am currently doing Insanity. Mother of 2 girls: 8 and 18 months. :) I gained ALL 70 lbs back with the little one and getting it off has been a PIA. But alas, gotta move forward. You can add me if you like. I also have a group called Insanity Driven if you want to join :)
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a FR! I'm a 26 year old mom and am starting Insanity sometime in Dec! :)
  • tasiamere
    Options
    Also a 28 y/o mom of one! Back in April I was at my full term weight of 196. I'm down but still not at my pre-baby weight of 155ish. More than happy to add you to my mix of great people esecially seeing as we started from the same situation. :-) god luck!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :). 27 year old mama of one beautiful 5 month old girl, and barely took off any of the pregnancy weight. Have been commited to this tracking thing for about 15 days, and seeing lovely results so far! Hope to keep it up. It's hard to feel pretty when people are still asking you when you're due....

Diet changes helped a lot for me! I had no idea how terribly and mindlessly I ate until I started tracking faithfully. I hit the gym roughly 4 times a week, and have been looking into at-home workouts to supplement my routine on days when I can't find the childcare I need to get to the gym.
  • beandawgy
    Options
    As another poster already pointed out Insanity can burn anywhere between 300-700 calories. Depending on the workout and how hard you push yourself.

I've actually done 2 rounds of Insanity although on my second try I did a hybrid Insanity/gym strength training/indoor cycling combination. The ab workout has remained my go-to ab workout regardless...I love it.

The biggest tool that would help you accurately measure your calorie burn would be getting a Heart Rate Monitor. Getting one was definitely a motivator for me, it made me want to beat my calorie burn totals each time. It's also good at reinforcing the hard work you're putting into your workouts.

Don't get discouraged at first and build up the Intensity...even the warm-ups feel tough in the beginning, but your body adapts to the challenge if you keep at it. Regardless, you should always push yourself so you feel challenged.

Good Luck!
  • misssararae
    misssararae Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your loss so far, Sparlingo! Inspiring :)