Help me!!!!!

Options
Hi everyone

Hope you are all well. I really need some motivation today. I'm sooooo hungry and scared of binge eating.

My doctor has told me not to eat more than 900 calories a day and so far today I've had porridge, a banana and soup with a bit of bread with lunch.

Any ideas on something filling but low cal for dinner?? Only got about 240 calls left :(

Any inspiration much appreciated

Nicola

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You will need to give us a full list of details before anyone here can offer any advice given the low calorie diet assigned by your doctor.

Age, height, current weight, what exercises you do, weight loss goals, etc.

A 900 calorie a day diet is VERY low and generally should only be done under direct supervision from medical personnel.
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow- 900 is not enough to even sustain life. Perhaps you need a second opinion. That can be dangerous, eating too little, and send your body into starvation mode. Plus the mental side effects, that your brain and body aren't getting enough fuel, and that triggers the binging!
    Poor thing. Definitely get a second opinion. Or go see helloitsdan and see what he as to say on his profile.
    bright blessings to you
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I agree, go get a 2nd opinion or just forget what your doc told you and eat no less than 1200 NET. Tons of people here on the site eat 2000 or so calories a day and lose weight and look fantastic. There is no need to starve yourself!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    People.. Have you considered that the OP may have had surgery or has some other issue that you don't know about.. We are not doctors so telling someone to ignore their doctor is kind of dumb wouldn't you think? Maybe ask about things first..there ARE medical reasons why people have to eat less.

There are also people who have to eat less than 1200. It is just a number and has nothing to do with anything. What you need is based on your height, weight, age and activity and not some randomly assigned number.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Steamed shrimp or chicken breast with veggies
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    What is the reason why your doctor has said only to eat 900 cals?

It may be best to meet with a nutritionist if you are required to be on such a strict diet. It is tough to get in all you need with so little calories to have.

You need to fill up on proteins and fibre and drink a lot of water to keep you full. Instead of say porrage for breakfast it might be better to eat egg whites scrambled with veggies. It is very filling for a low amount of calories. Have a snack of something like greek yogurt, or celery with PB, something that has protein in it. For lunches and dinners eat a ton of veggies with some protein. A huge salad with chicken on it... or eggs... or tuna or steak. Or have a lot of steamed veggies with meat.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    3 oz. salmon grilled or broiled, steamed vegetables or a salad with 1 tbsp light viniagrette.
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't know why the doctor prescribed so few calories but. Go with veges. 900 calories of veges would be an enormous amount of nutritous food. They are not calorie dense. they also contain more protein than you think. Then are nutritionally dense and very filling. Steel cut oats won't spike your glucose and will keep you full longer. Quinoa is a great grain, and a complete protein. work towards being vegan and you will be healthier and lose weight naturally.
    sheila
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Veggies are always a good source of food with low caloric intake. Do a google on those foods that help you to fill fuller longer. I know a few are WATER, DARK CHOCOLATE, AVACADO, EGGS, CAYANNE PEPPER and ALMONDS. Keep in mind some of these will either have high fats or high calories, so choose wisely.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Wow, that is not a lot of calories! I'm so sorry you're feeling so hungry and afraid of binging. I would definitely discuss this with your doctor. 900 calories may not be practical for you, especially if you end up binging. For dinner, I would suggest maybe a can of tuna (100 calories) mixed with1-2 TBS of non fat plain Greek Yogurt, a little mustard and pickle relish (not sure how many calories there). You could eat that with a sandwich thin (100 cals) and a wedge of laughing cow cheese (35 cals) and that would leave enough for a handfull of spinach that you could mix into the tuna. Also try to drink plenty of water, which may help you feel fuller. Best of luck to you.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You can make a HUGE salad with tons of veggies for low low calories if you use a low-cal dressing (like Paul Newman light balsamic) or just use lemon juice for dressing. Add water-packed tuna or a small portion of chicken breast for protein. No croutons, no cheese! Good luck.
  • SlimEsq
    SlimEsq Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Definitely veggies are the way to go. Carrot sticks aren't bad since they give you something to chew. 900 calories does seem extreme. If you are finding it too difficult I would revisit with the doctor.
  • 1fatlady_no8
    Options
    Hi everyone. Here all about me...
    I'm 27 years old and weight 99kg and I'm only 5ft 2inches.

Basically my doctor says that the reason I have problems with my ovaries and kidney stones constantly is coz I'm so over weight. He told me to sort myself out or ill be dead by time I'm 40!!

He's told me he wants me to lose a 14lb before January or he won't help me.

He said if I was to get a gastric band (which I don't want) it would reduce my calorie intake to about 900 and so if I just eat 900 cals it would have the same effect.

Nicola