yoga pants?

Options
My thoughts for the day: How are yoga pants SUPPOSED to fit,(panty line? or no panty line?) and is it a crime to wear them in public? I've been over weight for so long and would wear baggy clothes to hide my body. I'm in a size small now and still feel like I should hide my shape. I'm 44yrs. old, married, living in a small town and have 2 teenaged kids. Would love to be the "hot mom" with the rockin' bod. But maybe I should just steer clear of tight fitting clothes and save the hot bod for hubby?

Replies

• newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You should find a happy medium. Rock that hot bod but in a classy way! You earned it right?!
  • mamalama70
    mamalama70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I say no panty line..and it's ok to wear in public as long as they're in good condition and fit well. And I agree with pecoch...you earned it...why hide it under baggy clothes? You can be modest and still look great...
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I say no panty line..and it's ok to wear in public as long as they're in good condition and fit well. And I agree with pecoch...you earned it...why hide it under baggy clothes? You can be modest and still look great...

This
  • MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I live in gym clothes and could care less if anyone else likes it. Granted I try to make myself look as put together as possible when wearing them --like prior posts said, as long as they fit & look good, it's fine!

YOU EARNED that body, rock whatever makes you feel comfortable!!

&& ps. NO Panty lines - EVER- no matter what the attire ;)
  • beccamh
    beccamh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love yoga pants! If you worried about not seeming 'modest' enough just pair them with a looser top. I think they only look scandalous when they are super tight and paired with a mid-drift halter or something, haha!
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    Plenty of examples here www.girlsinyogapants.com
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a mens line of yoga pants, look for it soon at www.thebulge.com
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Nothing should ever show a panty line. That is why God gave us thongs, ladies!
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just go try a bunch on :)

I've found some are thicker than others (so no panty line, or something way less noticeable), and there's definitely a range of how form-fitting they are

Plus I've seen a few girls who look okay, but when they bend some and the material stretches... totally see-through.

Definitely go for it, but just try them on!
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Nothing should ever show a panty line. That is why God gave us thongs, ladies!

I have a less generous name for the inventor of thongs :)

When I'm pushing myself to the limit, the last thing I want to worry about is a string getting wedged further and further up my backside. Just get something on the thicker side and you won't see the lines regardless. Or just deal with the lines. I'm working out, it's not a fashion show.
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Eh don't worry about it. Wear yoga pants that fit right and don't worry about panty lines. I NEVER wear thongs because I hate them (I just think they're gross and uncomfortable.) I wear boyshort underwear to cut down on VPL, but whatever, people can deal if they see anything. We all (or most) wear underwear after all.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants to the gym and for lounging around at home. I honestly find it to be tacky when I see women wearing them in public.. like people that shop at Walmart in their PJs.. that's just me though *shrug*
  • CrueChix
    Options
    There should never be panty lines EVER on anything you wear! Lol...
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Wearing yoga pants as casualwear is not acceptable for a grown woman. Lounging around the house on a lazy Saturday? Sure. Gardening? Go nuts. Actually doing yoga? Perfect. But if you plan to go out in public, dress like an adult.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thongs, strings or commando no reason to suffer with panty lines.

As for yoga pants in public it's not for me. For working out or lounging around the house they are great.

Do what makes you feel good about yourself.

Karen
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    worthless.gif