Cool! One of my students....

Options
from last year noticed my weight loss. She stopped by and looked confused and said "Ms. Prieto?" I said "Yes?" It was like she almost didn't recognize me.

She was so happy for me. She told she I was looking so good and asked if I was dieting. I explained I was doing a life style change and she said to keep doing it and that I looked really good and she was super happy for me. It was really nice to have her say that. She saw me last year at 180 pounds; basically, I've lost about 24 pounds. I didn't realize it was that noticeable. I had a very happy moment. :)

Monica

P.S. I just did the math - technically - before MFP - I lost a few so it's really like 26 pounds I lost as opposed to what the ticker says.

Replies

• gottaTuscany
    gottaTuscany Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I am so happy for you!
  • Cervantest
    Cervantest Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You know you're doing it for YOUR reason but man it feels good when someone else notices the changes! I'm so happy for you!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    It was pretty neat and makes me want to keep it up. Like you said, it's meant for me as a healthy life style change - not a diet. But, it sure is nice to get such a cool compliment.

Monica
  • pickledginger
    Options
    It's great when someone appreciates thue effort. :-D
  • MillerCrock
    MillerCrock Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is so exciting! My kids have been out living their lives. They came back and both carried on about how good I looked over Thanksgiving. It is great motivation for me to again concentrate on my lifestyle changes. I'm right there with you. It's great to have MFP friends share their successes!:wink:
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    That's awesome ! Good for you. Keep up the good work.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I have experienced the same thing. A lot of people don't recognize me until I say something to them. Mind you, the hair style change doesn't help either (short to chin length bob).
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of changing my hair but I thought I'd wait till I lose a little more weight. I haven't decided how to style it. I have it all one length right now so I may go for long layers. Either way, change is good!
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    that's great! :D and hey, don't doubt yourself! losing 24 pounds is amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!