30 Day Shred Questions??

Options
Hi all :smile: im thinking of starting 30ds but have a few questions!!

1: does it have to be done everyday??

2: i run three days a week and really enjoy will i be able to continue this also??

3: when you finish.....do you just start all over again?

4: is there a specific diet that goes along with it??

any other info people have would be greatly appreciated!!

sorry if i sound stupid im just fairly clueless about it but im interested as i see so many posts and great results from it!! any feedback would be great...thanks :smile:

Replies

• jessx93x
    Options
    Hi, I started about 2 weeks ago. I did it for 2 days, had 2 days off, then did it for 3 days and 2 days off. Seems a bit odd, but after a week I lost about half a stone. I suppose once you have done all 3 stages then you could continue doing the ones that help you the most. Ive heard some people stay on stage 1 as they are losing weight and still enjoy that workout.
    You should be able to continue running as its only 20 mins a session, and there is no particular diet just eat sensibly.
    Hope this helps =)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Hi all :smile: im thinking of starting 30ds but have a few questions!!

1: does it have to be done everyday??

2: i run three days a week and really enjoy will i be able to continue this also??

3: when you finish.....do you just start all over again?

4: is there a specific diet that goes along with it??

any other info people have would be greatly appreciated!!

sorry if i sound stupid im just fairly clueless about it but im interested as i see so many posts and great results from it!! any feedback would be great...thanks :smile:

1. No - you can have rest days
    2. sure - do it on the alternate days
    3. From what I've seen people usually move on to her other videos but I don't see why you couldn't keep doing it - at whichever level works best for you
    4. I think you can purchase something on her website for the diet portion, but you'd likely do just as well following MFP
  • littlemrsmosher
    littlemrsmosher Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've done it but never completed the full 30 days :S I always started with Level 1 - 10 days - trying my best to do it everyday, then on to level 2 for 10 days then to level 3 - it is a GREAT work out and will definitely give you some results!!! Enjoy and watch out for those rockstar jumps, they are killer! :)
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Im on day 3 level 1 and realistically i wont be moving off that level on day 10 as i still find it a challenge. Just take it at your own pace :0
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    1. I did 10 days 2 days off- Days I jogged
    2. Def! I still walked 5 x's a day for about 30-40 min
    3. I just started it over again Monday but am now doing level 1 during lunch (I work at home) and level 2 once I get off work
    4. I do not follow a diet just keep up with my macros

I got 13lbs off and about 15 inches overall this first time around but I consistently did it 10 days with 2 rest days and did not skip any days.

Good luck doll!
  • amykff
    amykff Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    great advice ladies thanks so much so helpful....going to order it online right now!! :happy:
  • Fatboy2Fitboy
    Fatboy2Fitboy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    im on level 3 now and its a real challenge but i still continue it never the less coz if you dont push yourself, then you wont see change. Jillian Michaels says this herself in the video i think.

in any case i do the shred saturday, sunday, monday, break, wednesday, thursday, break.

I would get bored some weeks and would go to the gym or swimming instead but making sure there is consistency helps you not miss a session and if you do, you feel bad. well thats how it is for me.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am only on day 3, level 1, but I'll tell you my opinion. I plan to do each level 6 days a week for two weeks each. You don't HAVE to do it everyday, (Jullian won't find out and come get you, lol) but I believe part of the workout strategy is to stress your muscles for fast results. There isn't a follow up maintenance. I have a long way to go until I reach maintenance, but I am thinking that I will repeat each level twice a week. Jillian does have a 30 day meal plan, but it's just a sensible diet with a little higher protein. I am using five pound weights. Good luck!
  • j9riter
    Options
    Amy --- I know it's only $10, but I have found all the levels on you tube. :)

I'm just starting it but plan to alternate this with other workouts