Squeezing into Spanx!

Options
There's probably tons of topics already on this subject but I can't seem to find one that fits my exact situation.

I'm 35 days into this journey and have lost 15 lbs already. I can't really tell yet in my clothes but I know I will soon enough. The problem I'm having is that when I exercise (walk for any length of time or elliptical) my thighs rub together. Now, I know that that is a standard problem with overweight people so I'm used to buying new pants when the thighs wear out, etc... However, when I walk my neighborhood in my usual "workout" pants or when I'm doing my daily walk back in the warehouse at work in my daily "wear to work" pants, I get HORRIBLE chaffing rub. Not just thigh to thigh rub but, the inner seams of the pants rub and pinch my thighs so bad that it leaves little sores on my inner thigh and I get nasty underwear pinch that also leaves sores.

I thought about wearing like spanx or spandex under everything but squeezing my way into those is like a workout in itself.:laugh: Besides, I'm afraid I'd get really hot at work with the extra layer. I've also read on other threads about chaffing stuff...like MonkeyButt, but I'm not sure that would work with my particular issue.

I can really use some advice as trying to walk without my thighs rubbing my pants together makes me look like I'm walking with a stick up my *kitten*.

Replies

• GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    Try putting regular under arm deodorant on the skin that is rubbing together. It may help relieve some of the friction. If not, I suggest wearing a comfortable fitting pair of spandex shorts or the like under your pants so the skin doesn't touch. There are many, many types of compression type garments that are geared toward runners and bicyclists--look at some of these.
  • Tracy2750
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I feel you! Spanx are the devil!!!! ha! what about something lighter, like a silky long underwear - I think Lands End or LLBean has them. Also... I order from SimplyBe online and they have this cool trouser that has a silky liner that's slimming but also prevents chafing. It was hell in August, but I love them now :)
  • arykh24
    Options
    there is a product out there called GLIDE that runners use for races to prevent chaffing. It comes in a deodorante container for easy application.
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Jockey mini skimmies slip short

This might be helpful. Google it...it's like a light weight bicycle short; much lighter and more comfortable than spanx.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    LOL - I don't go a single day without squeezing into Spanx!! Glide or Monkeybutt type stuff should work for you. You'll have them thighs worked off and this will stop in no time anyway :)
  • Roboartist
    Options
    There are a few anti-chafing creams on the market, sporting goods stores may carry them or you can discreetly order something online. BodyGlide is one. The deodorant trick may also work as mentioned by another user. I would try a cream first, for roughly 6 bucks it seems cheaper than the torture of spanx.
  • kellis155
    Options
    I wear running shorts. They work out really well for me.