Help! Life after 30 Day Shred???

Options
I have a bit of a problem... I have just completed JM's 30 Day Shred, and due to getting sick near the end it ended up taking me closer to two months to complete it. I really enjoyed the format of the DVDs and love that the workouts are only short but fairly intense without being overwhelming. I had pretty good results (check my profile for before and afters photos), but unfortunately Jillian really did grate on my nerves after a while so I was glad to see the back of her at the end.

I've got bad knees and have had surgery on both to remove torn cartilage in the past, which means that high impact is out for me. I saw the infomercial for TurboFire and thought it might be a good option because there is a low impact option included. However, my copy of TurboFire arrived today and I just don't think that it's what I'm looking for! It's so fast and intense and I'm just a beginner! I'm so sad now. I had it all planned out to start the program next week, but I just don't think it's realistic for me to keep up with that workout schedule for 20 weeks!

Has anybody tried Brazil Butt Lift? I don't know if I can deal with any more of Jillian Michael's workouts straight after 30DS, but I'm thinking now that I might have to settle for Ripped in 30 or 6 week 6 pack.

I have about another 4kgs (9lbs), of post baby weight to lose which is mostly wobble around my belly and bum, and I walk 3km's nearly every day with my baby and dog. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! I'm feeling a bit lost at the moment :(

Replies

• mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I tried Brazil But Lift and it killed my knees. squats. lunges. yikes!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I did Ripped in 30 after I finished shred, and I have recently just finished Chalean Extreme

I loved Chalean, I mainly did the weights workouts but did a few of the cardio ones (they are sperate which I loved) and the cardio ones all have lower impact options, and she is a very different personality than JM
  • bethanechol
    Options
    Congratulations on getting through 30 day shred! I've done Brazil Butt Lift sporadically for a fun workout. I've done 30 day shred too and I'd say 30 day shred was definitely harder on my knees (I've never really had knee problems, but bad lunges and 30 day shred did me in). Brazil Butt Lift didn't hurt my knees though bc you aren't as rushed through the routine as you are in 30 day shred. The Brazil Butt Lift guy can be pretty annoying too and the routines are kind of embarrassing to do if there are other people in the house if you have no rhythm (like myself!) bc he makes you dance and shake your butt a lot lol. I did feel sore after them though, especially after the ab workout.
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've never used BBL, but have heard others say it killed their joints. What I did with 30DS was that after I learned the basic routine, I would mute the TV and blast my music and just glance at it for visual cues to switch.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Since you already bought Turbo Fire, why not give it a shot? Do what you can and modify as needed, and just like 30DS, you will get better and better. I have had to do that with almost every program that I've tried. 20 weeks is plenty of time to get your fitness level up to the video's levels. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any of Bob Harper's workout...but you do need to keep in mind he don't play, everyone says Jillian is the mean one, but she don't have nothing on Bob. They wear me out, sometimes I feel like puking, but I come back for more the next day :) I love his workouts :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I just sent a friend request and I'm thinking ChaLEAN Extreme would be perfect for you! ALL of it can be modified for low impact, doesn't take up too much time and gets RESULTS. My results from Round 1 of Cha Ex is in my pics on here :)
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Give TF a chance! Ofcourse it's up to you but once you catch on you'll see great results. There's a dvd that previews the moves slowly. Also about your knees do you take any vitamins for your joints/cartilage? Like glucosamine or chondroitin? If nothing else the sculpting and toning dvds in TurboFire are low impact and less impact on the knees. You could do those and still see progress. IF all else fails there's Spin! :) Good luck.
  • ajsmommy2010
    Options
    Congrats on finishing the 30DS! Chalene Extreme is great for beginers and has low impact workouts. I don't know about BBL but I can ask my upline coach if she knows anyone that has used it and how it worked someone with knees like yours. You can message me if you have anymore questions. I will be more than happy to help you :-)
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Try the Turbo Fire Sculpt 30 or Tone 30, they are about 30 minutes long but not doing the high impact. They have really been adding to what I'm already doing.
  • texnurse
    texnurse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred...twice. Annoyed by Jillian but learned the moves, muted her, and play my own music while watching the video on mute. I am over 30 day shred so I started 6 week 6 pack, not bad on knees at all, great to get the heart pumping, and overall great workout. I have bad knees too, believe me you will be happy with 6 week 6 pack :happy:
  • johnnlinda
    Options
    This is a little old school, but I get a great workout from Taebo. Yes, Mr. Billy. I do his 60 minute turbo amped and it burns up 800 calories (HRM) I have a really bad knee, need surgery again. He doesn't hurt it. I can't do Jullian as she hurts my knees so much that I can't workout for a couple days. So I switch between Taebo and Leslie's 5 mile walk/jog
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    ChaLean Extreme is wonderful, and it can be modified for whatever level you are. Maybe you can exchange TurboFire for CE? Or try TurboFire and just modify the workouts to your level. That's what I did with Insanity...I have some knee issues, but I was able to do the entire 9 weeks by pacing myself. Whatever you choose to do, best of luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • BunniPage
    BunniPage Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I do want to keep TurboFire and do it some time in the near future, but I'm just not quite there yet mentally and I don't want to start something that I can't finish.

I'll do some research on ChaLEAN Extreme today! What about TurboJam? Would that be better suited to my fitness level at the moment?
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    A few days into 30 day Shred I turned the sound off, there was no way I could listen to her. By the end my knees were sore too, but wasn't sure if it was the workout or my weight.

Since then I've exploring different workouts on fitnessblender.com there's a wide variety, HIIT, kettle bells, bodyweight, booty boot camps, pilates, Barr. So far I've liked them all - and best of all no sneering faces, annoying voices. Oh and it's totally free.
  • rafqahachem
    Options
    Try the Barr Method. It is very low impact and actually strengthens the knees. Good luck
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I did BBL and ended up having to sell it because it irritated my lower back problems. But I liked how I was starting to look following the Lift & Shape plan. Maybe try Turbo Jam? It can be modified for lower impact. I have back issues and I did Turbo Jam for years starting at low impact.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Try Chalean extreme!
    I to have had surgery ; (ACL PCL Reconstruction and the removed my meniscus) and I tried Insanity and I just couldn't do it with my bad knee!

I tried Chalean and I absolutely love it! I have also done 30ds and am currently doing that one again.
    It is very low impact and you'll see some great results!!
  • BunniPage
    BunniPage Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Give TF a chance! Ofcourse it's up to you but once you catch on you'll see great results. There's a dvd that previews the moves slowly.

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for your suggestions and feedback.

I just wanted to let you know that I decided to harden up last night and after watching the New to Class section I tried the Fire30 + Stretch10 workouts and they weren't actually as terrible as they looked! lol

I sweated my *kitten* off completely and woke up absolutely STARVING in the middle of the night, so it looks like it's already working for me!

Wish me luck! I'll be starting the 90 program on Monday! :wink:
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    What about Jillian Michael's Body Revolution? They are 30 minute workouts that get progressively harder. I am on week 9 and am loving it so far.