Your favs at Trader Joe's?

Options

Replies

• nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    We just got a TJ's here too!

I want to cook most my meals, but when I don't have time I LOVE having TJ's stuff in my freezer for quick meals!

Top Favs so far:

Pork Goyza (Pot Stickers)
    Mushroom Ravioli
    Eggplant Melange (good to add to pasta or a side)
    mac and cheese.
    Jo O's
    silver dollar pancakes
    Gruyere and Ham Tart (So Good!)

There are many things I still need to try!
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Roasted red pepper and tomato soup. Low sodium. Great alone or with a protein as a sauce!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I like their almond butter. The one that is just roasted almonds and sea salt.

Stopped by to say this
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I save money on pretty much everything there except meat and non-frozen fish (I buy those at Fresh & Easy). I buy their produce (fresh and frozen), dairy, eggs, condiments, sauces, salad dressings, snacks (rice cakes, baked chips, salsa, etc.), soups, broth, sides, rice/pasta/couscous/polenta/etc, pasta sauce, wine, etc. I also buy their frozen munchies when we have get-togethers (taquitos, egg rolls, etc.). I think their quality is great too- I've liked just about everything I've gotten there! Their sauces are particularly good!

I went from spending about $150 every two weeks, to spending about $90 JUST by switching from a typical grocery store to Trader Joes (I was even buying meat and fish there at the time).
  • poodlegoat
    poodlegoat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The sweet and salty walnuts are the ****
    I mean sweet and spicy walnuts
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Oh! And they make a great hand lotion called "Midsummer Night's Cream" (clever) that's unscented, clean not greasy, and the best lotion I've ever used. Only $4 or something!
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Oh my, too many too name but I so love their variety of wafers and honey goat cheese!
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    They have a product called "Better N' Peanut Butter" that is still Peanut Butter, made from peanuts and it's delicious! Not only is it delicious, it's HALF the calories of regular peanut butter. Regular is 200 calories for 2 tbsp and this one is 100 calories for 2 tbsp. A friend had told me about it and I thought it was too good to be true and now I'm hooked!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    TJ's Harvest grains...it is to die for! I also like the TJ pumpkin butter (similar to apple butter), all of their chocolate is delish and I absolutely love Villa Elena Moscato d'asti which is sold at TJ's.....it is my favorite wine by far and it is so cheap! Better n Butter is great too although yuo kind find it at Target as well...it is still cheaper at my TJ's though.
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wild Marinated Soy Ginger Cod Filets
    //end thread

//reopen thread
    and the canned tuna, salmon, nuts, dried apricots, olives, frozen fish sticks, frozen veggies, soup and oyster crackers, and no sugar added chocolate bars... and the $4 Prosecco.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing! I cannot wait to go grocery shopping tomorrow :-)
  • bkarissa
    bkarissa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tomato Basil Bisque Soup (deli)
    Chicken Salad (deli)
    Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Flatbread (freezer)
    fruit and veggies are fresh and good
    Pesto Sauce
    Candy Cane cookies (like oreos) are junk but wonderful
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    TJs is my primary grocery store - the prices there are better than the big stores on just about everything....it is a foodie's dream! Plan at least an hour and look at everything!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    love TJ's!

There isn't one close by me, so when I plan a trip to go, I have to bring a cooler.

My favorite right now is my guilty pleasure, and it's the Gingeroos with crystallized Australian ginger.
  • mrsking218
    mrsking218 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm at TJs every week.......I buy just about everything there (if only they carried Sabra hummus!!)

For quick lunches I love the frozen Gyoza dumplings and the vegetarian eggrolls. Trader Joe's brand veggie burgers are great too - more of a homemade taste than bigger name brands. I also really like the roasted red pepper soup someone else mentioned, and the marinated tofu. The Greek vanilla yogurt is good - I have that for snacks often, with fruit added, as well as their version of Reduced Fat Triscuits, their mini rye toasts and the lite cheddar sticks. I gave up soda recently, and they have great flavored seltzers for sipping. For treats I second the dark chocolate covered/sea salted almonds (you don't need a lot to feel like your eating something decadent). And I can't lie, my husband and I count down the days until the chocolate-covered Jo-jo's multipack comes out around the holidays (just got our first one of the season!). Definitely a treat to be savored, but SO good!
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It seems the frozen food aisle is popular, but I haven't found much that was lower in sodium, which is a bummer.

Favs are:
    bagged arugula
    tempeh
    frozen salmon burgers
    Dr. Praeger veggie burgers
    turkey burgers
    hodge podge veggies
    low sodium creamy tomato soup
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I just came in here to say......WAAAH, I HATE YOU AMERICA! I WANT A TRADER JOES!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    So many things I love there, but a few:

Vodka Sauce
    Hummus
    Lobster Ravioli
    Cheap (but awesome) wine!
    Bread selection
    Flowers (I love grabbing a bunch once a month for the table)
  • FitLifeDiva
    FitLifeDiva Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can't wait or the one to open by me!!!!
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love the Mini Brie cheese, the fat free refried beans, and the frozen mashed potatoes. I always buy frozen garlic and basil, plus the frozen asparagus and roasted peppers. For get togethers, I love the flourless cake, the mini goat cheese (which I top with roasted garlic, pesto, olives, roasted red peppers, and pepper jelly), and the chocolate wafers.