Pastors and Clergy

Options
Greetings. I would like to correspond with other members of the clergy who have made the decision to live a healthier lifestyle in front of their parishoners. Let's face it; our jobs require us to spend a lot time sitting at a desk, dealing with stressful situations and traveling. We spend a lot of time socializing which inevitably leads to eating rich foods and desserts. This is a recipe for dietary disaster! God says in Isaiah 55:2 says "..let your soul delight itself in fatness", but I'm not sure He meant that in a physical sense. Let's unite with a common goal. No matter our faith or religious affiliation, let's be here to encourage one another and meet our personal weight loss and fitness goals. -Pastor Hayes :happy:

Replies

• revannag
    Options
    Glad to see another pastor on here. Welcome to MFP. I hope your journey is treating you well.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Neither Pastor nor Clergy... just a faithful lay sinner who is trying to rely on strength that is not my own.

Praying success and strength for you!
  • peacegirl3
    Options
    Clergy Spouse here. My husband and I are working to live a healthy lifestyle. It can be tough for him with his crazy schedule.
  • Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Youth pastor and candidate for commissioning/ordination in the UMC. My congregation has watched me evovle in the last 14 months as I have shed 120 pounds and transformed from the inside out.
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in bible college to become ordained. I'm loving every bit of it and glad to be saved!

friend me if you wish.