coming from thedailyplate

AnisM
AnisM Posts: 4
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. I am new to myfitnesspal. I have been using thedailyplate with little success. I think the calories for foods runs low and the calories burned for exercise runs high so it tells me I'm doing better than I really am. I tend to eat my full calories for a day so if it's off, I'm actually over - which would explain why I'm not losing like I'm supposed to. I'm hoping myfitnesspal is more accurate. If anyone has been here longer that has compared to thedailyplate, please let me know what your experience is.
Btw, I'm a 34 year old (5'5") woman in St. Louis. My weight range is supposed to be in the 140's so I have about 30 lbs that I need to lose. I have done it in the past (in fact, at one point in time I was well over 200 lbs. - yikes) but have been gaining it back slowly...I've been keeping myself in the 170's now for months but am stuck. I don't want to get anywhere near the 200's again. I'm just having a hard time of it.
Well, I think that's enough.
Anis

Replies

• AnisM
    Hello. I am new to myfitnesspal. I have been using thedailyplate with little success. I think the calories for foods runs low and the calories burned for exercise runs high so it tells me I'm doing better than I really am. I tend to eat my full calories for a day so if it's off, I'm actually over - which would explain why I'm not losing like I'm supposed to. I'm hoping myfitnesspal is more accurate. If anyone has been here longer that has compared to thedailyplate, please let me know what your experience is.
    Btw, I'm a 34 year old (5'5") woman in St. Louis. My weight range is supposed to be in the 140's so I have about 30 lbs that I need to lose. I have done it in the past (in fact, at one point in time I was well over 200 lbs. - yikes) but have been gaining it back slowly...I've been keeping myself in the 170's now for months but am stuck. I don't want to get anywhere near the 200's again. I'm just having a hard time of it.
    Well, I think that's enough.
    Anis
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Welcome! I also used the dailyplate for a few days and found that it was likely not accurate, since there was no way, with all that I was eating, that I was only at about 1100 calories a day. Good luck in your endeavors. I am trying to lose about 30 lbs as well and just started using this site but find the calories and food is more realistic and likely a better representation of what we consume. Good luck and keep asking questions if you don't know what to do and where to turn. Everyone here is great so far :smile:
  • AnisM
    Thank you! I feel welcomed.
  • GodzGirl
    GodzGirl Posts: 86
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal ... Wishing you the best! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.