I put my progress on facebook!

Options
Hey!

When I decided to start loosing weight, i started a photo album on facebook tracking my progress, at first I did that thinking "the way if I quit i'll never ear the end of it at work!!" but it turned into something much more magical than that!!

The responce on my album was soooo overwelming that I had to start a whole group, after less than 24 hrs I already have over 40 mbrs!! You wouldn't believe the cheers that I get from the most unexpected people! The best of all is when people say stuff like :
"Go for it Jeff! You inspire me i'm starting tomorow!"
With comments like that I feel that is I quit I dont only let myself down but also these people, it's a HUGE motivation for me!!

Come join the "I'M gonna loose 60 lbs this year!!!Je vais perdre 60 lbs cette année!!!" group on FB!!

Replies

• Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Holding yourself accountable by putting yourself out there for others to view and know your journey too is the BEST way to make it stick I think! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I have done the same thing and it's working!! it's been 4 weeks and I'm down 11 pounds!! Lets keep rockin :)
  • wendyrezvani
    Options
    I think that is GREAT!! I'm going over to join right now....:happy:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    That's great. :smile:
    It's amazing how unexpectedly encouraging people can be.
    I posted a status update on FB that said something like "I found my collar bones" and I got an overwhelming response! I even got a comment from an ex roommate (I've known him for 19 of my 25 years) I haven't talked to in almost 5 years! Now we're going to start running together! :happy: I've missed him!
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    I think that is GREAT!! I'm going over to join right now....:happy:

Good i'm not translating every thing for nothing!!!

Feel free to friend me if you join!, I'm loosing track fast lol
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Okay I've tried putting my ticker on FB also. I have no success. I am either 1) not copying the correct code, which do I use?, 2) not entering the code in the correct place on my FB, or 3) too old that no one wants to know. Could someone give me detailed instructions, I really didn't think I was computer illiterate.
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    i did look into it and can't find a way either, maybe facebook doesn't support it...
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    You can paste your badge under the "notes" tab in facebook. Ticker will probably work there as well. Then you could tag all your friends so they would be notified that it exists if you want. That's the only way I've been able to come up with. Facebook doesn't really support coding. Facebook is really a horribly designed website if you stop to look for a minute. :laugh:
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    facebook doesn't support those tickers :( I already tried as well :( Only works on myspace.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Hey!

When I decided to start loosing weight, i started a photo album on facebook tracking my progress, at first I did that thinking "the way if I quit i'll never ear the end of it at work!!" but it turned into something much more magical than that!!

The responce on my album was soooo overwelming that I had to start a whole group, after less than 24 hrs I already have over 40 mbrs!! You wouldn't believe the cheers that I get from the most unexpected people! The best of all is when people say stuff like :
    "Go for it Jeff! You inspire me i'm starting tomorow!"
    With comments like that I feel that is I quit I dont only let myself down but also these people, it's a HUGE motivation for me!!

Come join the "I'M gonna loose 60 lbs this year!!!Je vais perdre 60 lbs cette année!!!" group on FB!!

I also have a group on Facebook it is called Fat-be-gone! We can all use all the support we can get.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out a way to put the badge right on my Facebook page, so you see it on my profile. Anybody know a way other than notes? I feel like no one will see it there!
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    BUUUUUUMPING!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I can't figure out a way to put the badge right on my Facebook page, so you see it on my profile. Anybody know a way other than notes? I feel like no one will see it there!

Figured it out!!

I had to find a facebook app that would let me post HTML on my facebook page. I wanted to post my badge, not my ticker. So, I "searched" on facebook for "HTML" to find an app. Found one called "Profile HTML" (not affiliated with them, just was the one that came up that looked like it would actually work). Added it to my profile and then edited the info in the box it put on my profile to be the HTML code for the MFP badge. So, now my badge shows on the left side of my profile.

I hope this makes sense...
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options

Figured it out!!

I had to find a facebook app that would let me post HTML on my facebook page. I wanted to post my badge, not my ticker. So, I "searched" on facebook for "HTML" to find an app. Found one called "Profile HTML" (not affiliated with them, just was the one that came up that looked like it would actually work). Added it to my profile and then edited the info in the box it put on my profile to be the HTML code for the MFP badge. So, now my badge shows on the left side of my profile.

I hope this makes sense...

I did it too! SUPER easy!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That worked! Thanks jlb!
  • NaturalMom
    Options
    That is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • hjmygatt
    hjmygatt Posts: 79
    Options
    bump for later! Thanks for figuring this out!
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    bump for later!! :bigsmile:
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I did it but it didn't put the ticker on the side of my profile, it just put a tab up at the top.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I figured it out. Thanks!
  • leprevost
    Options
    This still isn't working for me? Where do you specifically put the URL?