Excess sogginess .....

Options
Jax67
Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
Am i alone in being a wet, soggy, sweaty mess when i leave the gym??

I am, at the gym that i go to, and it's getting embarrassing.

I always take a towel with me and am constantly mopping at my face, and my hair is dripping. The rest of me is fine, it's just the head area.

I look around and the others are working out, looking just like they did when they came in but maybe a bit redder in the face.

Any suggestions on a supplement or anything that i can take or use to cut down on the perspiration?

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I get the excessive head sweats too. I joke with my trainer that I am going to come in with a head band ala Oliva Newton John. I don't have a clue what to do for it other then botox which I am not getting. I just go with it and say well at least they know I am working out.
  • haileyco
    haileyco Posts: 68
    Options
    OMG.....I have always been a head sweater. I have even thought about getting botox in my hairline because it will help control sweating. I have learned that the best control for the dripping is to put your hair up, like in a bun so the sweat will just absorb in the hair. And then I wear a bandana or a headband (the 3 in cotton ones) and put it along my harline and just a bit on to the forehead and this keeps the sweat from running down my face. Before I figured out this technique, I would have sweat running into my ears and my headphones would slip out and sweat would run into my eyes and sting!!!!

I am not bothered by it anymore though.....Sweating is good adn cleansing. I do not worry about others at the gym....I am there for me and that's that. Keep on sweating!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That happens to me too...luckily Im at home but it's still annoying. It bothers me only because as the sweat drips down, it tickles :) Im shaving my head in a few weeks [surgery] so Im hoping it'll not be so intense without hair.
  • tkain
    tkain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I sweat a ton at the gym and from every part of my body!! I am always drenched when I am finished and I love it. Don't worry about anyone else. It is such a great feeling to know you're working hard. I do pull my hair back and wear a bandana to catch the sweat. Good luck and keep sweating! :smile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Nope. If you're not working hard, then you're hardly working! Let the ring of sweat on your shirt be an indicator of how hard you're working. Damp collar = light workout, small ring = medium workout, soaked to your belly button = congrats! you left it all at the gym, good job!
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thank you, all of you - i don't feel so unusual now lol

My hair isn't long enough to be put up but i may invest in a head band :laugh:
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Why worry about this? I'm soaked when I leave also and I carry that sweat with pride. I worked really hard for that sweat!!!

Christine
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I wish I COULD sweat like that. I have a disorder where I get a tiny bit damp, but not really sweating. I rarely sweat, no matter how hard I work out or how hot it is outside. I hate that.
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I totally feel the same way as you! I think that everyone probably thinks I'm not human because I always leave the gym with a huge ring of sweat around the neckline of my shirt. It is so embarrassing, but I just tell myself that I am obviously working way harder than them and that its paying off. I have always been one that sweats from my head...........when I clean house is the worse! And I always wake up in the middle of the night and my pillowcase is drenched! lol................hang in there...............just know the more sweat, the more progress you are making! Good luck!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Try a "moisture-wicking" athletic shirt - danskin, nike, and other athletic companies make them.... the intent is to "wick" the moisture away from you, and some of them do a pretty good job of it!

You can also minimize the dramatic sweaty look by wearing lighter colors.... but all in all, be proud! You're working hard, and it shows!!! Great job!!!!! :drinker: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    You are not alone!! I do cycling classes at my gym and it gets really stuffy in the classroom and everyone sweats like crazy. A lot of the men use bandanas as head bands. I'm thinking of getting a pink or purple one - haha! We all come out of there soaking from head to toe. But you are right I don't notice as many "sweaters" when I'm on the treadmill or elliptical - maybe they aren't working as hard. Who knows. Just know you are not alone :) Keep up the great work!