Jazzercise

Options
Does anyone else go to Jazzercise classes on here? I love them but wonder who has lost weight going to them and how many days/hours you go per week. Do you cross train with other exercises too?

Replies

• basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jazzercise but I didn't lose weight with it...however, I wasn't watching my calorie intake very well at the time. I think if you had a clean diet and went to Jazzercise on a regular basis, you'd lose weight. One lady I know from class lost a lot of weight going to class 5 days a week and watching calories.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight doing Jazzercise (and MFP)! Ever since I committed to going 5-7 times a week. I hate NOT going because on that day, I usually go over on calories.

I usually do one 30 min Express class on 2 of the days & a Express combo'd with a Body Sculpting class on another day. All the other times, I make a 60 minute regular class. There are days when my intensity isn't there & there are days when I'm on FIRE with a major calorie burn. The HRM really helps gauge this so I know. It is really nice because a Jazzercise class has the strength training built right into every class so I don't have to do that part on my own. Plus, the instructors randomly can throw in a Circuit, Core, or Kickboxing class so that helps to mix it up.

It works for me because it was the first exercise I found that I REALLY looked forward to.
  • mommawig
    mommawig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been going to Jazzercise 3-4X per week and watching my calorie intake with MFP. I have lost 13 pounds in 4 weeks. I still have quite a bit to go, but I am enjoying doing something good for my body and health. Right now I am mostly doing low impact, but hopefully as the weigh drops, my intensity will increase. Plus, it's fun and the time goes by quickly for me! Good Luck!

9998892.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kellihutton
    Options
    I go everyday!!! Love it. So much fun and goes by so quickly. I love how you work head to toe in the 60 min.
  • cking824
    cking824 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I went to my first Jazzercise class tonight. Holy cow! They really work you out! I am gonna sleep like baby tonight! Oh and BTW, I'm getting a membership when I go to class on Saturday morning! I wish I would have done this sooner! Does anyone have any pointers for beginners? Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.
  • geniebean9
    geniebean9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started taking Jazzercise this year and have gone to 3 or 4 classes a week for a little over a month now. I haven't lost any weight but I have lost inches already and that's keeping me motivated!
  • megliner
    megliner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I joined the Jazzercise right by my house on Tuesday and I already love it! This is the first work out routine and I couldn't wait to go to! I say stick with it and MFP and we will both feel and look great!! Good luck and have fun!!