Booty, booty, booty!

Options
So I have been doing Ripped in 30 and also jogging/speed walking and alternating The Butt Bible in 2-3 times a week. I enjoy a nice round booty on myself but cant seem to achieve what I would like. I have been doing squats(all variations) and deadlifts and still cant get the damn thing to lift lol what kind of exercises are you doing or do you recommend to get that lovely round booty?

Replies

• HuntingArpegius
    HuntingArpegius Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    uphill sprints
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    How heavy are you going on the squats? How deep?
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Well I don't own any heavy weights I do most of my workouts at home. I have my sad little 5 lb weights lol I know not heavy enough. But each squat I do its *kitten* to the grass. I really concentrate on my form as well.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I had the typical white guy rear end. After I started getting over 150lbs on the barbell squat, I started to get some badonk-a-donk. Now I'm at 250, and, well. No more bony rear.

Maybe you just need more resistance.

At home - Pistol squats. Glute ham raises.
  • justinamay0535
    Options
    Awesome I appreciate the feedback! Beginning of next year I am going to join a gym since I will finally have child care. Looking forward to getting in some heavy lifting! :smile:
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts with one or two 25 lb plates on my hips has worked well for me. I also do these with kinetic bands around my thighs [http://myosource.com/kineticbands/] and my butt and thighs have really changed as a result. I love the progress I have had with these and I never do squats due to a back problem. You can vary them with shoulders on the ground, shoulders on a bench, and shoulders on a swiss ball.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Well I don't own any heavy weights I do most of my workouts at home. I have my sad little 5 lb weights lol I know not heavy enough. But each squat I do its *kitten* to the grass. I really concentrate on my form as well.
    Check out craigslist, thrift stores, and used sporting goods stores for cheap weights. If you really can't afford anything look around your house or work for heavy things to lift. A gallon milk jug of water is 8.4 lbs. That's more than your 5lb ones.
  • justinamay0535
    Options
    Those are like a bridge right? I will give those a try too I can just double up the weights on my hips. Yay I am excited to give these a try! Thank you!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Yep, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VphIO9BxWo

I really love this exercise and you can vary it up in lots of ways!
  • Anelamakanani
    Options
    I have always had a big polynesian booty...but I do know that doing Tahitian dancing with a rice belt will help with that :) Not only will it firm and plump up your booty, but will trim your waist!
  • kramalicious
    Options
    Find a bench or platform higher than 12 inches, at a height so your leg has greater than a 90 degree bend when you step up on it with weight on your shoulders. Check out the Classic Firms which are now on DVD at Collage video. From #3 classic one on, they feature this exercise. If you're reallly tall use a 17 inch step at least. Stepping up and down with one foot while the other stays planted really targets the butt and lifts it.
    I forget the technical term for this move, maybe someone can join in.
    If you use a lower step, like what 's used for regular step aerobics, that's too short and works the quads instead. Try it and see.
  • tinachristine7
    Options
    I have the Brazilian Buttlift workout video, and I absolutely love it! Not only does it work your butt, but it works other muscle areas as well. I'd recommend it for sure :)