Priorities' effect on health aka "It's all about me!"

Options
VorJoshigan
VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
The Jesus Christ thread, may it rest in peace, got me thinking about priorities.

I found that it was only after I gained an appreciation for myself and made ME my top priority :heart: that I was able to achieve greater health.

Has this been your experience? If not, how does putting others before yourself help you get healthier?

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I think for many people, putting others before them self is what got them to this point.
    "I'll get to the gym tomorrow, daughter needs ___"
    "I'll get to the gym later, boss needs ____"
    "I'll just grab fast food on the way home....___"
    Gym/fast food. later. someone. needs. ____

I think if people held fast to their priorities and used the word NO more often, people would generally be happier.

Good for you!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I know that I am a lot more stressed because I keep putting everyone before myself... and frankly, it's got to stop.

I need to focus on me, and deal with others when I have the time.. and I'd prob. be better off!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Putting my health before wanting to hurt other people's feelings by not eating ALLLLL of the food they made/bought me really helped me feel better about doing the right thing for myself. It made me feel empowered.
  • mellie_mellie
    mellie_mellie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you! You need to prioritize your health & fitness if you want to make changes & reach your goals. Maybe this comes across as selfish from time to time but it's worth it! I know lots of women in particular are guilty of putting their kids or partner first, but to be the best they can be takes a little bit of 'me time'.