One couple's journey to health.

Options
My name is Dan and I thought it was about time to share some before and after photos with the MFP community. I have been married to my wife Staci for 26 years now. We successfully raised two daughters who are both now married and we recently celebrated the arrival of our first grandson. The vast majority of our marriage has been spent in obesity.

15334_209331557455_2920883_n.jpg

This picture is from Thanksgiving 2009. Our combined weight at the time was in the neighborhood of 520 lbs. In the spring of 2011 my wife found herself in extreme pain due to a hip condition. She found a chiropractor who not only helped to solve the hip condition but also prodded her down the road to overall health. She began to prepare healthier food for our meals which I supplemented by increasing my chip and candy consumption.

388043_10151017399180463_420779010_n-1-1.jpg

This picture is from Thanksgiving 2011. As you can see my wife is considerably slimmer than before. I, on the other hand, was still living in the severely obese category of the BMI scale. In April of 2012, with the birth of our first grandson approaching, we decided to join a gym close to our home. A week later I discovered MFP and got serious about finding the healthy person that had been hidden in a layer of fat for a quarter century.

604025_10152276737190463_2123240336_n-1.jpg

Thanksgiving 2012 finds each of us within 20 lbs. of our goals. Our combined weight loss is now approximately 175. In other words, we've lost an entire person between the two of us. We're not there yet, but we are convinced that we will be healthy and fit grandparents for little Dalton Gary and all of our future grandchildren. Personally, I know that I could never have had this success without the support and encouragement of my friends here at MFP. Thanks to all, and good luck to everyone in the pursuit of your health and fitness goals.

189921_10152276736810463_12583130_n-1.jpg

Replies

• Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    How awesome!! You both look amazing!
  • hedkell
    hedkell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing, great job!
  • cwilli36
    cwilli36 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Love seeing great results! Great to have a partner to help keep on track. Congratulations to you both and you'll never regret this choice!
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    Wow, congratulations to you both! I wish my husband would take his health more seriously!
  • Stswife82
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • shellihooten
    Options
    So utterly and completely THRILLED for you both! You've been a great MFP pal. Watching you as a runner I can only strive to get anywhere near your success! Over the moon with JOY for both of you. And being a grandparent myself, there is nothing that tops it!

Congrats Dan & Staci! I LOVE seeing ALL the success stories!

I'm at 71 pounds down, about 30 or so to go, knowing full well I will get there. Mind over matter~
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    So wonderful!!! Love it! Keep it up both of you!
  • tat2dzombiegirl
    tat2dzombiegirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing! Best wishes to you both :)
  • Maria_T007
    Options
    So great!!
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures, so inspiring. My husband and I are on the same journey, so far we have lost 130lb together but we don't have any pictures, we both avoided the camera like the plague
    Congrats on all your success. Enjoy the rest of the journey. :smile:
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! CONGRATS!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO CELEBRATE SUCH A WONDERFUL SUCCESS WITH MY HUSBAND WOW!!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    W-O-W teamwork = success! You two look amazing! Congratz!
  • willibear
    Options
    you guys look great, very good job. My wife and I have also started this journey together. I have had a Gastric sleeve operation, and she is just helping me along, and losing weight at the same time, it is wonderful to see the work we can do together, it really helps a lot when there is someone there to help you out. Again, great job. :)
  • AnnabellKE
    AnnabellKE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! The pictures are lovely...you both look amazing!!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Man you two are awesome! Such great work! Congrats on your transformations!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! What I love the best - is that you did it as a TEAM!! Super excited for you both!! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing transformation and teamwork - congratulations and enjoy playing with your new grandson!!!!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You two are blessed to have eachother to motivate you toward your goals. You look amazing, happy and healthy.

Good work!!!
  • traceyleighgirl
    traceyleighgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    omg, so inspiring. You two are so lucky to have each other!!! I wish my boyfriend would lose the weight with me. :( You two seem so happy! Congratulations on your success!!!
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This was so awesome to read! You two look wonderful!
    shine
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!