NEED MOTIVATION

MOM_OF_3
MOM_OF_3 Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
HI THERE! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER USED AN ONLINE SITE TO TRY TO HELP ME GET MOTIVATED. 8 MONTHS AGO I GOT DOWN TO 159 FROM 187 AND OVER THE LAST 6 MONTHS I HAVE LET THE SCALE CREEP BACK UP TO 173 AND I AM DETERMINED TO GET TO MY PRE BABY WEIGHT OF 135. I FINALLY GOT DERIOUS AND JOINED MY FITNESS PAL 2 DAYS AGO. I AM HOPING THAT USING THE TOOLS PROVIDED BY THIS SITE WILL HELP ME STAY MOTIVATED. IT IS HARD WITH A HUSBAND WHO CAN EAT ANYTHING AND WONT GAIN A POUND :happy:

Replies

• MOM_OF_3
    MOM_OF_3 Posts: 3
    HI THERE! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER USED AN ONLINE SITE TO TRY TO HELP ME GET MOTIVATED. 8 MONTHS AGO I GOT DOWN TO 159 FROM 187 AND OVER THE LAST 6 MONTHS I HAVE LET THE SCALE CREEP BACK UP TO 173 AND I AM DETERMINED TO GET TO MY PRE BABY WEIGHT OF 135. I FINALLY GOT DERIOUS AND JOINED MY FITNESS PAL 2 DAYS AGO. I AM HOPING THAT USING THE TOOLS PROVIDED BY THIS SITE WILL HELP ME STAY MOTIVATED. IT IS HARD WITH A HUSBAND WHO CAN EAT ANYTHING AND WONT GAIN A POUND :happy:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Well, you came to the right place :laugh: MFP Motivated Fitness Pals...

I have a whole family that can eat anything, and a husband that (before he joined up here too) would regularly bring me home yummy chocolate bars.

Check out the Blog at the top, if you haven't already, which will help you navigate the site, and WELCOME.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    You can do it! You can do it!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Welcome, I'm a mom of 5, also just joined this past week, and in almost the same boat as you, since having my first baby 10 years ago, I never took off the baby weight, and my husband can eat anything he wants. So far, I love this site and I think it is going to be a big help, we can all do it!
  • supersaver
    supersaver Posts: 39 Member
    You can do it! You appear to have your age going for you. Now is the time to get that extra weight off. I am a mom of 4 (age 18 and up). I feel so much better when I eat smaller portions and healthy foods.

I don't like to exercise, but I love the way it makes me feel. I rarely want to get up for it, but have never been sorry I did. Exercise lets you eat more calories, too.:wink: Just be sure to drink plenty or water.:drinker:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    welcome!!:drinker: this is the place to get motivation, whine and moan about what your doing wrong, get hints on how to fix it. find out you are not alone, grow as a person, rather than in size and generally feel all the warm and fuzzy you could ask for. we will also yell at you for cheating yourself out of the opportunity to be healthier, motivate you to do one more rep, and put down that donut, listen and lift you up when you cry and rejoice to the rafters when at every little milestone. we have all be there and are all here for the same reason. to learn to be responsible for our lives. and our health all while maintaining our family values and taking care of them as well. its a tough juggle, but together we will learn to do it. good luck on your journey. RJ:love:
This discussion has been closed.