Hello from Georgia..

Options
Just wanted to say how glad I am that my friend got me on this site..I have struggled with my weight all of my adult life and this site makes it so much easier to keep track of everything..It's also amazing to see how you don't crave the'junk' as much when you start living right..My daughter(10yrs) and I are doing this weight-loss together..I haven't been the best role model for her and after her last drs. visit I knew it was time to take control..She's truly been an inspiration to me because she never complains about eating her healthy meals and she's always right there next to me when we walk/work-out:-) I wish everyone much success on their weight-loss(or just getting healthier) journey!!

Replies

• txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm in GA too, I live near Warner Robins. Good luck and you found a great site.
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site, you will love it even more as time goes on! I applaud you for getting your daughter involved before she gets too far into an unhealthy lifestyle. Calling her meals "healthy" and not "diet" is also very good parenting on your part, so many young girls have such a bad self image these days with all the sickly thin models :grumble: out there that saying she has to "diet" would just give her all the wrong ideas, so hugs :flowerforyou: to you for being such a good mom!
    I am looking forward to hearing all about you and your daughter's journey to a healthy lifestyle.
    Again, WELCOME!!!
    Hugs :flowerforyou:
  • richmondhillgal
    Options
    I live in Georgia as well. Out side Savannah
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is fabulous!! It has truly helped me to take control of my eating! I'm in Georgia too! Near Valdosta....I look forward to watching you and your daughter's success!:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in Snellville, GA. (Gwinnett County) Good for you in getting your daughter involved now. You can be inspiration for each other! Good luck - I'm fairly new here too and loving this site.
  • nikkolatwell
    Options
    Hello, I am in GA too... Braselton North of ATL. This is a great think you are doing for your daughter. I wish my mom had taken the time to teach me to eat healthier I might not struggle so much now.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • jmjones2002
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and kind words..I'm just glad that I finally got the motivation..My baby girl has lost 6lbs already:-) I try hard not to focus on the number with her and we don't count calories for her like I do with myself..I knew she would do better with a gradual change as far as the eating habits go..and adding some excercise in there..Good Luck to all of you as well..I'm so excited to make new friends here and extending my support system..We Can Do All Things In Christ Who Strengthen Us:-)

I'm near McDonough Ga by the way...