Alternate day fasting/updaydownday: buddies to fast with??

Alternate day fasting / Up day down down... Looking for people fasting on the same days as me! I'm on an "up" day today. I'm a 28 yr old female with about 100 to lose, anyone similar?

Replies

• Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Hi!

I am doing the 5:2 - I fast (with a 500kcal allowance) twice a week - my days are dependant on my schedule though.

I also base my calorie intake on a weekly average as opposed to day by day - if at the end of the week my average shows within my allowance then I am happy - regardless of whether or not I have gone over on specific days..

Friend me if you like :)
  • spratalli
    spratalli Posts: 15 Member
    i'm up for it!
  • izzyooo
    izzyooo Posts: 24 Member
    Hi rachielous, I do the same with the weekly average, that's the bar I'm keeping my eye on in MFP! I expect I will switch to the 5:2 once I'm further down the line but for the time being I want to loose as much as poss to give me the motivation I know I will need once I'm a few weeks in! (I'm a serial dieter although I'm finding this easier than anything I've do e before!) My only problem is going to be Sunday roast so I might have to distribute my weekend calories over the 2 days and just have 1400 each day.
  • izzyooo
    Spratalli, what's your story/plan? :)
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Hi rachielous, I do the same with the weekly average, that's the bar I'm keeping my eye on in MFP! I expect I will switch to the 5:2 once I'm further down the line but for the time being I want to loose as much as poss to give me the motivation I know I will need once I'm a few weeks in! (I'm a serial dieter although I'm finding this easier than anything I've do e before!) My only problem is going to be Sunday roast so I might have to distribute my weekend calories over the 2 days and just have 1400 each day.

I would be careful with fasting every other day as you need to do something sustainable - I would hate for you to lose a whole bunch of weight and then switch the 5:2 and gain because you are eating again!

I guess it depends how many calories you are eating on your 'up' days though and whether or not you are exercising?

I find 2 days fasting a week, maximum 3 is more than enough and I am still losing 1 - 2lb's a week :)
  • izzyooo

I would be careful with fasting every other day as you need to do something sustainable - I would hate for you to lose a whole bunch of weight and then switch the 5:2 and gain because you are eating again!

I guess it depends how many calories you are eating on your 'up' days though and whether or not you are exercising?

I find 2 days fasting a week, maximum 3 is more than enough and I am still losing 1 - 2lb's a week :)

Basically I'm still sticking to my weekly calorie goal so I'm eating up to 2300 calories on my eating days. I expect I will switch to 5:2 or something similar once I have got on the way a little bit. Want to see some results for the time being and since I have 100lbs to lose I've got a while to go :)

I'm not really exercising however I am a mummy so do lots of mum/house stuff (basically I'm not sat on my bum all day :P)

I only started on Monday and although I weight in at 4lbs down this morning I am not counting on that and will weigh myself officially next Monday once I am a week in. Well done on your loss by the way :)
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    I think I will try that too, I just did 2 fasting days due to lots of cake (damn them birthdays), I wasn't hungry at all during the 2 days but I had problems with my breakfast today (protein shake) couldn't drink all of it cos I felt so full
  • BineB
    BineB Posts: 5
    I just wrote in the other thread:
    I've startet 10in2 on Monday.
    Thats: 1= eat and 0=fast in 2 Days.

But I don't do it on the weekends.
    The important thing is to fasten the complete 36 hours - for health reasons like cell-renewal.

So thats how my week looks like:

Monday = 0 Cal (just water & tea)
    Tuesday = up to 2000 Cal
    Wednesday = 0 Cal
    Thursday = up to 2000 Cal
    Friday = 0 Cal

Saturday = up to 2000 Cal
    Sunday = up to 2000 Cal

My friend preferes the 24h-fast version: she eats on a fast-day a light dinner and up to 2000 Cal the next day.
    That also works for her ;-)

So today is my Up-Day :happy:
  • izzyooo
    I think I will try that too, I just did 2 fasting days due to lots of cake (damn them birthdays), I wasn't hungry at all during the 2 days but I had problems with my breakfast today (protein shake) couldn't drink all of it cos I felt so full

Is it healthy to do 2 full days? I really don't know but I do know I wouldn't have the willpower for it!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Hi!

I am doing the 5:2 - I fast (with a 500kcal allowance) twice a week - my days are dependant on my schedule though.

I also base my calorie intake on a weekly average as opposed to day by day - if at the end of the week my average shows within my allowance then I am happy - regardless of whether or not I have gone over on specific days..

Friend me if you like :)
    doesnt make sense .. then u not fasted u in the "fed state"
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member

Is it healthy to do 2 full days? I really don't know but I do know I wouldn't have the willpower for it!

it is probably not healthy xD just did it because of all the stuff I ate the 2 days before
    next week, however, I will try it on tuesday/thursday