Am I doing enough or correct? need Help

Options
Hey people,

I need help in understanding the weight loss. I am 31yr, 5'11'' Male with current weight of 90Kg(Just 2 yrs back i was 75Kg). I joined MFP on 1st October and decided to get back in shape. I have been fat most of my life and this time I want to change it completely.

Since 1st October I am in love with MFP and has been logging almost everything I eat. I generally try to keep myself under the net calorie goal for the day or max 50-100 calories over the goal. Also try to maintain the food composition suggested by MFP.

I am taking C25K training (right now in 4th Week) along with 30 Days shred(Moving to level 2 on tuesday). I alternate both running and 30DS and no exercise day on Sunday so good 6 day workout. Since than I have lost toal of 6 Kgs until now. I generally eat back all my exercise calories. I am a software engineer so completely sedentary lifestyle.

Few Question I have in Mind:

1. Am i doing correct and will this routine will give me sustained weight loss further?
2. Is eating back all my exercise calories correct?
3. Is weight lifting(Gym) required and if yes should I start now or once I hit the plateau?
4. IS 30 mins workout a day is enough?

Please help me with your experience guys, I need need that motivation. If you feel like please add me as friend also.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    1. You've lost 6 kg in 2 months - yes? Then you're doing it right. well done.
    2. Opinions differ on eating back exercise calories. If it's working for you - great. Just make sure you don't over estimate burned cals or underestimate consumed ones.
    3. Weight lifting is ALWALYS a good idea. Fit it in now if you can.
    4. 30 mins consistently a day is brilliant.
  • RoxySherwood89
    RoxySherwood89 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    hey :)

Yes i would definatelty reccomend some sort of strength training ... i also did the 30DS and it did shift the lbs but didnt tighted/tone enough. Cardio burns your fat strength training defines your muscle.

Im currently in a plateau ... so im swopping and changing my eating habbits/workouts but feel free to add me and nosey at my diary/exercise programme and il support you as much as you need :D
  • raggs07
    Options
    Its not about fitting the weight lifting in schedule, but I just want it to be right... so that my body get the variety of exercise and do not hit that plateau soon
  • raggs07
    Options
    One more help... guys... I am doing C25K and 30DS on alternate days... was just thinking if I should be doing everyday or I am doing good