Stress....D:

Options
I get stressed out so easily! D: And when I get stressed out it hinders my weight loss. I'm always worrying about things. :(

Does anyone have some good advice on how to manage stress?

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I realized lately that I have been very stressed. When it is obvious - of course, the first thing to go is my healthy eating. I begin to make life "simpler" by getting fast food, eating processed foods. Anything quick and easy to try to stay afloat.

Recognize what you are stressed about. What do you want? How are you going to get there?.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Try to keep the things you can control on a schedule. Regular sleep, normal meals, ect. It's easy to let those get out of control when everything else is going crazy, which just leads to more stress!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    For me....Exercise helps more than anything. Some days it's totally the LAST thing in the world I want to do, but I force myself and I ALWAYS feel better after i've done it and can think more clearly. In fact I do a lot of thinking in the gym, it's somewhere that really helps me think through my problems and sort out solutions to them.
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    One thing that is supposed to help with stress and anxiety is to have a notebook so you can write down the things you're worried about - it helps you look at them objectively, I think...

I've recently tried both the exercise and junk food methods of coping with stress. The exercise method was good, but more effort. The junk food method left me feeling rubbish after just two days. So I'm trying to get back to exercise. Much better all round.
  • BabyJago
    BabyJago Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Identify your source(s) of stress and acknowledge that you're stressed and perhaps angry. Not doing so can lead to anxiety and panic attacks, which are debilitating. Don't be afraid to try medication - the right anti-anxiety medication can change your life.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Recognize what you are stressed about. What do you want? How are you going to get there?.
    [/quote]

^^^ This.....I know it's not easy but try to separate things out into those you can do something about and those you can't. If you genuinely can't change something then try to forget about it by focussing on what you can. Pick something, break it down into small steps and make a start.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I get stressed out as well and turn to food. Lately though just try and exercise and think the issue through. Good luck!